The Riddler

Casket Fire East Boston

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, nightfighter said:

Hey, is 1A north open? Trying to steer wifey beck from Conn.

Sorry for the late report just off the water.  1A was a parking lot in Revere-Eastie. Better off rt 1 up thru Saugus and take the exit at Revere Cinema. 

3 hours ago, hunter123 said:

Riddler, That's some blaze.  Did they say how it started?. Hope no one was hurt.

No one hurt.  That place makes some high end caskets.  Both metal and wood. They have spray booths, chemicals.  Could have been anything.

9 hours ago, The Riddler said:

No one hurt.  That place makes some high end caskets.  Both metal and wood. They have spray booths, chemicals.  Could have been anything.

Most likely the spray booth.

Someone from Fire Dept sad in the interview yesterday that there is a sprinkler system in place but the fire started above that. They had office space above the shop. Another factor that made it more difficult to suppress is location - end of water supply lines, means lower pressure I assume?

Luckily, heavy rain around 10 pm helped firefighters. 

55 mins ago, The Riddler said:

They had a big lumber yard out back and inside. They did great works using real oak on caskets.

REAL-TREE-RUSTIC-OAK.jpg

Sure does look nice. Probably to pricey for me. Told wife to save money on me. Just put a bone in my a$s and let the dog drag me out. 

I could get in a Vet cemetery also. But I'm getting burned like the old roman legionaries and have my ashes scattered in the ocean. Told the wife if she plants me I'll haunt the sh&t out of her and her new Jody.Guys that served, remember Jody. :cool: