Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mako20ft

Wilson Combat - Sale

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

No affiliation (duh) but was perusing "shopwilsoncombat dot com" and they've got a decent little sale going.  Picked up (2) 1911 type mags for $27 a piece, 2 mag rebuild kits for my others and an extended slide stop.  My understanding is their mags are THE standard and run flawlessly for me.  Their shipping has always been reasonable so maybe worth a look.

I wanted to get an extended slide stop for my Series 70, but kept reading about them breaking off after a short time. Be interesting to see how it holds up for you. If it does OK, I may spring for one myself.  

3 hours ago, acesover said:

I wanted to get an extended slide stop for my Series 70, but kept reading about them breaking off after a short time. Be interesting to see how it holds up for you. If it does OK, I may spring for one myself.  

I misspoke. Had the slide stop for a month now...the mags and kits I got on sale. It’s a funny color (not blued and not parkerized), I cant see it ever breaking though. 

The reports I have seen said the lever on the slide stop was breaking off an some of them . Of course, you can't believe everything you read, and that was the reason I was asking. 

Did you install it on a 1911?

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 3/16/2019 at 2:40 PM, acesover said:

The reports I have seen said the lever on the slide stop was breaking off an some of them . Of course, you can't believe everything you read, and that was the reason I was asking. 

Did you install it on a 1911?

In my checking I can honestly say I haven't heard that but I'm far from a 1911 guy. What I have done is installed Tritium sights, G10 Slimline grips, Wilson extended slide stop, swapped the springs and polished the trigger bow/sear.

I'd like to get rid of the Ambi Safety but otherwise it's exactly the way I wanted.

It serves me well and eats +P like I'd hoped.  Truth is, with the Wolff 22lb recoil spring it's flawless.  Anyway, maybe check out the Wilson slide stop color before you go with their version.  Has a burnt blue color for lack of a better word.

Edit...the RIA only comes Parkerized so the Wilson might match a blued 1911 perfectly.  Honestly makes no difference to me.

Slide Stop I.jpg

Slide Stop.jpg

Edited by mako20ft