Dealyrph

How does line lay on a vsb150 compare to ZeeBaaS zx22

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Somehow folks managed to fish with the older VS (pre X-sereies) for many many years with the "poor line lay".  Just saying I don't think you should let that be the deciding factor.  My older VSB has the hourglass line lay and has been just fine for more than a few years.  

Great.  Is there any reason you choose one over the other.  In your opinion.  I know this is an exhausted question but for the price, really trying to research it. Pros and cins

Posted (edited) · Report post

Both VS and ZB have their strong points and I've been fortunate to fish both over the years.  Are you looking at a bailed ZX22 as well as bailed VS150?  That's the way your post reads anyway.  I prefer the VS bail over the current ZX design.  The VS bail is more durable IMO, and a different design ( I can't do it justice trying to explain lol).  As far as other features and customer service, you can't go wrong with either.

Edited by FoliFish

1 hour ago, FoliFish said:

Somehow folks managed to fish with the older VS (pre X-sereies) for many many years with the "poor line lay".  Just saying I don't think you should let that be the deciding factor.  My older VSB has the hourglass line lay and has been just fine for more than a few years.  

Poor bastards, the horror - fishing like that....

5 hours ago, Dealyrph said:

Hard to get. As well, right now

Shouldn't be.. call j&h.. they got my last Z in like 2 weeks....

5 hours ago, Dealyrph said:

. Pros and cins

Theres no con to owning a Z unless you consider the price tag a con... IMHO the Z is more refined, has better line lay, has a way way better drag system, feels better in hand, is American made (that means something to me), has service that's second to none, I could go on and on...

2 hours ago, Tbta02 said:

I have both and always wind up grabbing the zee baas on the way out the door

:agree:

I own several of both and almost always grab a Z... aside from my 100 sized vsx reels, the rest of my V's get very little use anymore.. 

Obviously just one mans .02, and nothing against VS (they make a great product also), but moving forward my $ stays w ZB

I'm a VS man all the way but I owned a Z22 in the past. Line lay is not an issue with either reel but I will admit the Z has better line lay, drag and it's a smoother reel. As for dependability the VS wins hands down, extremely easy to service and parts readily available.  

not the ole "line lay" nonsense again ! Been fishing the OLD VS since the beginning , hourglass and all with zero issue, not sure what all the griping is about, just go fish, please.

Putting cost aside, isn't the VS ~10 oz lighter than the ZB?  That's my experience with the unbailed versions.  The VS might be a better balance match to a 9' than the ZB.  I like my ZB22, just wish it didn't weigh 21 oz.