RiverRaider

My Ancestry DNA Test Results Are Back

Rate this topic

111 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PCstriper said:

How could that be if we have the same parents  ? Unless you are saying one of us might be the milkman's  !:worms:

 

Or, the testing is a bunch of bs. Who know's how accurate it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 mins ago, bridgerat said:

It boggles my mind that anyone would voluntarily submit their DNA to a data base.

And PAY to do it?!

You can joke about paranoia but the risk/reward is way out of whack.

 

I'm very very confident that I've never left any DNA at any crime scene... nor will I in the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

 

Or, the testing is a bunch of bs. Who know's how accurate it is. 

 

You'd have to see how they illustrate the results,  but based on that my assumption is it's very accurate... but who knows 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 mins ago, BordnBeachBill said:

My mom's people settled Appalachia/Virginia area and I matched with 1000 second cousins, true 

 

Man, you must hate buying christmas presents for all those people :eek: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MikeMc said:

 

Man, you must hate buying christmas presents for all those people :eek: 

 

You should get a Kit and put an end to this "I'm not Greek"  nonsense once and for all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, MikeMc said:

 

Man, you must hate buying christmas presents for all those people :eek: 

1000 second cousins there is really only about 40 actual people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, MikeMc said:

 

Man, you must hate buying christmas presents for all those people :eek: 

Coal in their stockings is a good gift, very humble people. my family tree looks more like a briar patch than a tree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eddy said:

as long as your not eastern european.......

why?  got mine and I know my Dad is Scandinavian and my Mom's family came from Poland.  It came back.

37% Sweden

31% Norway

26% Eastern Europe and Russian

6% England Wales and N.W. Europe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

 

You should get a Kit and put an end to this "I'm not Greek"  nonsense once and for all 

**** the government!!

 

6 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

1000 second cousins there is really only about 40 actual people. 

 

I see what you did there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, BordnBeachBill said:

Coal in their stockings is a good gift, very humble people. my family tree looks more like a briar patch than a tree

 

i bet you make 'em mine their own coal, too, don't ya? :squid: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

 

I'm very very confident that I've never left any DNA at any crime scene... nor will I in the future

You never had any one night stands with someone you didn't know and never saw again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, Billybob said:

You never had any one night stands with someone you didn't know and never saw again?

That's only considered a crime nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, HopHead said:

That's only considered a crime nowadays.

How is it a crime?

I'm serious, I wouldn't do it for that reason alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 mins ago, Billybob said:

How is it a crime?

I'm serious, I wouldn't do it for that reason alone.

I was being facetious. It was SOP when you and I were young, it's a minefield today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.