My Ancestry DNA Test Results Are Back

Rate this topic

RiverRaider

Just now, Sandflee said:

Congrats on your donation of DNA to the Feds

Yeah don't get me started.... It sat for months and I had very little intention of doing it 

Curiosity trumped  Paranoia 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

8 mins ago, Capt Buck said:

Just got mine back too. 94% England and Wales  (no surprise there). A tick Irish and Scot, some Finland and 1% France. Are we French cousins then?

Did one of those "Blobs" on the Map land right on where one of your parents were born? Maybe not right on...  but definitely the correct narrowly defined region 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

as long as your not eastern european.......

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

Wait till a major insurance company buys one of those DNA warehouses and starts canceling policies and raising rates :idea:  

I'll settle for the family legend and lore :wave:

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

2 mins ago, TimS said:

Wait till a major insurance company buys one of those DNA warehouses and starts canceling policies and raising rates :idea:  

I'll settle for the family legend and lore :wave:

TimS

Agreed. My 9th grade biology teacher told us about this stuff back in the 90s. He talked about it like it would help humanity by being able to pre-diagnose future issues so one could take measures to prevent them. Then went on about how it would make it easier to strengthen the human race by genetic arranged marriages or by using fertility clinics to do it unbeknownst to the participants. He skipped the whole insurance company thing, but I think he just didn’t want to say too much