JaseB

Are Tavern Friday Thread

Rate this topic

159 posts in this topic

It's 70 degrees, mostly sunny and Friday.  Fish are biting, birds are signing and it's time to change the oil in the mower.  Spring time's here bitches!

They just dumped about 4 trout truck loads worth of fish in 3 local rivers.   I haven't fished for stocked trout in a decade and generally it doesn't do anything for me, but the boy has been asking to go fishing and the water's not warm enough to really make fishing for sunnies and Larries interesting enough to keep an 8 year old busy.   I'm going to buy a stocked trout license and get the boy on that water Sat. a.m.  Creel limit is six a piece, guess I'll be firing up the smoker on Sunday. 

In the afternoon we've got a birthday party to take the kids to.   The parents are friends of ours.  They rented out this local retro arcade, all games from the 80's and 90's.  Classics.   Plus, since they have the whole joint, it's BYOB.   Could be a lot worser

Sunday is a double header.   Have a big BOD specially called meeting.  It's going to be ugly.  Well, it's already ugly, but it's going to get a lot uglier.  Got a pit in my stomach.

After that, heading to my uncle's for his annual St.Patties day/his birthday party.  Think he cooks 8 or 9 corned beef.  The ones he braises on the grill in beer are fought over by my cousins and I.

What do you have going on?

3 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

every weekend is the same for me....only difference is we are local this weekend, thankfully. 

Your girls play bball year round?

two do.

the oldest (senior)  plays a school sport each season (lacrosse currently), has a 10-15 hr a week job and has a set volunteer schedule with a local senior center (teaches sunday school too). 

youngest (6th) plays whatever school sport is that season, which is softball right now, plus year round AAU basketball and CYO Basketball (new England tournament starts this weekend). has a set (sundays) volunteer schedule at a local old folks home too. 

the other (freshman)  plays both AAU b-ball and premier travel soccer year round, only school sports are soccer and basketball, no spring sport....she will get her first job this summer, and has the same volunteering schedule as the youngest. 

Haven't really thought about it yet. Supposed to rain tonight so might hit the tackle shop for hooks and split rings. Probably work half day tomorrow then possible benefit to go to in the afternoon. Cousin text me about her daughters bday party on Sunday but i don't know if i feel like going to that. If it was an arcade bday party with retro 80's and 90's games and byob i would change my mind. 

No fishing for me yet but did see a guy hooked up on a lake yesterday on my way home. Should stop at my old mans house and see if his bass are biting yet. With all the rain we've had his pond level is probably up 4 or 5 ft.  

I will be eating and ****ing and exercising and making music from now until 14:00 Monday. Prolly wash the dog too.

6 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

two do.

the oldest (senior)  plays a school sport each season (lacrosse currently), has a 10-15 hr a week job and has a set volunteer schedule with a local senior center (teaches sunday school too). 

youngest (6th) plays whatever school sport is that season, which is softball right now, plus year round AAU basketball and CYO Basketball (new England tournament starts this weekend). has a set (sundays) volunteer schedule at a local old folks home too. 

the other (freshman)  plays both AAU b-ball and premier travel soccer year round, only school sports are soccer and basketball, no spring sport....she will get her first job this summer, and has the same volunteering schedule as the youngest. 

Their sports schedules synch enough to allow them to have a set volunteer schedule?  That's great.

What's the oldest doing next year?

think we only have six games between b-ball and soccer, which isnt bad at all ...so

i did start inventory on my fishing shed last night and will continue that over the weekend.

still need to a get a rod and two reels to my guy to service (rods reel seat starting spinning a the end of last year), so ill try and get that done.

guys might be meeting up for pops after the RISSA show in providence tomorrow, if I can squeeze that in, I will.

I was going to jump on a boat but the weather is not good. Found a bag of porgies in the deep freeze so we are having tacos tonight.

Supposed to be in the high 30’s and there is still almost 3’ of snow on the ground.   Your talk of trout fishing and mowing the lawn makes me want to drink heavily.   Taking daughter skiing one day and ice fishing the other.   Not sure which yet.  

5 mins ago, Tom T said:

Their sports schedules synch enough to allow them to have a set volunteer schedule?  That's great.

What's the oldest doing next year?

yes, they cant make it every week but its scheduled. its just how its always been. many many years ago they all started going to my wifes work (a school for severely disabled kids) all summer full time and then that turned into other volunteering things they wanted to do, on an ongoing basis because they were too young to work. younger two  did 40 hours a week all summer there this past year....tried to get them  to skip a couple of times to go to the beach with me and the little bitches wouldn't.  its worked out way better than I could have planned. I wish I could take credit...

oldest was accepted to a ton of schools but is going for business and has a serious phobia about student loans so she just ended up picking URI. in talking with me she decided that if she wants to have to take out loans, its better to do so for her MBA, not undergrad. she can come out of URI with damn near no debt...with zero debt as a real possibility. 

22 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

two do.

Just shoot me.    But good for you and them.

36 mins ago, JaseB said:

It's 70 degrees, mostly sunny and Friday.  Fish are biting, birds are signing and it's time to change the oil in the mower.  Spring time's here bitches!

They just dumped about 4 trout truck loads worth of fish in 3 local rivers.   I haven't fished for stocked trout in a decade and generally it doesn't do anything for me, but the boy has been asking to go fishing and the water's not warm enough to really make fishing for sunnies and Larries interesting enough to keep an 8 year old busy.   I'm going to buy a stocked trout license and get the boy on that water Sat. a.m.  Creel limit is six a piece, guess I'll be firing up the smoker on Sunday. 

In the afternoon we've got a birthday party to take the kids to.   The parents are friends of ours.  They rented out this local retro arcade, all games from the 80's and 90's.  Classics.   Plus, since they have the whole joint, it's BYOB.   Could be a lot worser

Sunday is a double header.   Have a big BOD specially called meeting.  It's going to be ugly.  Well, it's already ugly, but it's going to get a lot uglier.  Got a pit in my stomach.

After that, heading to my uncle's for his annual St.Patties day/his birthday party.  Think he cooks 8 or 9 corned beef.  The ones he braises on the grill in beer are fought over by my cousins and I.

What do you have going on?

I need a nap and an extra day off just reading all that....

6 mins ago, JaseB said:

Just shoot me.    But good for you and them.

Imagine if they didn’t. That’s even scarier.