scoobydoo

2019 Daiwa Certate LT: This thing is on another level

Rate this topic

84 posts in this topic

Sorry if I screwed up this thread. I would love to hear what type of fishing you will do with your 3000-4000 certate ?

On 6/10/2019 at 3:03 PM, jeffapeikin said:

Sorry if I screwed up this thread. I would love to hear what type of fishing you will do with your 3000-4000 certate ?

Mine will be used for freshwater bass and trout.

I will be using mine for both FW and SW.  Having that aluminium body will make me more comfortable in SW than my Exist which is Magnesium.  Albiet, there is a coating on the Exist, it still freaks me out.  I am willing to trade a few extra ounces for the Certate.  I will be using them for Albies, Striper, Blues, and Fluke, then pretty much anything at all in FW.

I use my Certate 3000 for SW:  speckled trout, redfish, flounder, albies, Spanish macks and our NC inland stripers in brackish.  It has held up great, but recommend you clean and lube the line roller and the bearings inside the  handle (both sides) regularly if you use it in salt. Mine is an older model.  I've got one of the new ones on order based on Scooby's glowing review.   

I’m interested in this reel, but also interested in the Saltiga Bay Jigger. For anyone in the know, what would be the differences between these two.  Primary use would be casting artificial lures Inshore while wading and light beach/offshore boat to smaller dolphin, etc.  Looking for casting distance and durability. 

22 hours ago, jrk said:

I’m interested in this reel, but also interested in the Saltiga Bay Jigger. For anyone in the know, what would be the differences between these two.  Primary use would be casting artificial lures Inshore while wading and light beach/offshore boat to smaller dolphin, etc.  Looking for casting distance and durability. 

Saltiga Bay Jigger. very much the same as the older Certate HD both share about 90% of the parts,, search the forum i did a post of the part compare.

Saltiga BJ just have harder brass main gear, what Daiwa calls their “Hyper Digigear.”

, but the LT model is lighter and smaller. not sure 100% about the gear material ,,, 

It's here :)
Sweet reel, nice and smooth.
I did just order two bearings to add to the spool and spool shaft from hedge hog studio, had to also get 
rid of that T-knot and add a Megabass handle knot.

48082351636_b7635cbd1d_c.jpg

Edited by Yumeya