scoobydoo

2019 Daiwa Certate LT: This thing is on another level

Rate this topic

127 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I heard J&H Tackle is getting a few next week on 4.30. 2500 / 3000 Size. Also heard  US distributor that got one was by accident and was only 1 and the JDM ones WILL NOT be warrantied by Daiwa US. So, waiitng for J&H to get them in or other local tackle stores is the best bet as I also heard internet guys will not get many. Hope this helps! Perfect timing for this current bite going on!

*

Edited by TimS
Please don’t post commercial links here - thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For people starting to get theirs or plan to, what lb test are you guys going with? Received my 4000-CXH, Daiwa states 200m of .18mm. Which comes out to 219yds of 15# in PowerPro or JBraid, etc. However J&H is saying 330yrds of 15#. I really would like to go 20# but have at least 200 yards but if not I’ll stick with 15#. The sizing is very different from the 16’ certate. Overall it’s still the smoothest reel I’ve ever handled, def has better traditional sealing than any of the other LT series. Only downside I can say is don’t work on this reel unless you have small high end tool sets, as besides the obvious monocoque body, the screw sizes/torx heads are veryy small and will definitely strip out with the average changeable bits from homedepot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 mins ago, jk20a3 said:

For people starting to get theirs or plan to, what lb test are you guys going with? Received my 4000-CXH, Daiwa states 200m of .18mm. Which comes out to 219yds of 15# in PowerPro or JBraid, etc. However J&H is saying 330yrds of 15#. I really would like to go 20# but have at least 200 yards but if not I’ll stick with 15#. The sizing is very different from the 16’ certate. Overall it’s still the smoothest reel I’ve ever handled, def has better traditional sealing than any of the other LT series. Only downside I can say is don’t work on this reel unless you have small high end tool sets, as besides the obvious monocoque body, the screw sizes/torx heads are veryy small and will definitely strip out with the average changeable bits from homedepot. 

 I have 220yds of 6lb suffix 832 on my 2500, which is more than adequate for the open water species I'm targeting. I've got about 4 days on mine, and have nothing but good things to say about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the Daiwa LT sizing is different now, but now it is standardized. My Ballistic LT 6k is like a Penn Battle 2 5k. My Ballistic LT 3k is still bigger by 1 or 1.5 more than my Shimano Excense 3k 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Draekon said:

All the Daiwa LT sizing is different now, but now it is standardized. My Ballistic LT 6k is like a Penn Battle 2 5k. My Ballistic LT 3k is still bigger by 1 or 1.5 more than my Shimano Excense 3k 2018.

It's 4k non lt daiwa sized   So it's 5-6k saragossa or 4500 size penn wise but it's 5k capacity penn wise...but maybe with more line capacity.

 

(i have 2 ballistic lt 6k's) sitting next to the battle 4500 a spinfisher vi 4500 and a slammer 4500 and bg 4000 and saltiga 4000)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got myself a 3000 XH, box stated PE1.5 170m

I load the full 200m into the reel, dont wanna waste the balance.

I am using Duel Super X wire 8.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.4.2019. at 0:41 PM, Shipwreck said:

Honeybadger dont give a ****.:bucktooth:

unbelievable animal

once I watched on TV a leopard strugling to kill one for .. a lot of time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

So is the CERTATELT3000-CXH the same as the 2500 XH just with a deeper spool?

So what is the CERTATE3000-XH? 

 

I have a 7'6" megabass flyssa so the larger size like the 3000 cxh might be the one to go with 

to balance the rod out.

Edited by Yumeya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

52 mins ago, Yumeya said:

So is the CERTATELT3000-CXH the same as the 2500 XH just with a deeper spool?

So what is the CERTATE3000-XH? 

 

I have a 7'6" megabass flyssa so the larger size like the 3000 cxh might be the one to go with 

to balance the rod out.

Yes the 3000-CXH nd 2500 are the same size but just different spool depth

 

The Certate3000-XH has a bigger body but same size spool

Edited by Jetex2801

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to sniff at a Daiwa replacement for either or both of two spinning reels myself.  The sheer number of choices is mind-blowing. 'Tis an amazing world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jetex2801 said:

Yes the 3000-CXH nd 2500 are the same size but just different spool depth

 

The Certate3000-XH has a bigger body but same size spool

Now I just need to decide between the 3000 XH and the 3000 CXH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.