scoobydoo

2019 Daiwa Certate LT: This thing is on another level

Rate this topic

84 posts in this topic

Had a chance to play with it on Daiwa day at JnH....it really is the smoothest reel Ive ever handled. And I didnt think the Certate HD could get any smoother.

6 hours ago, JA1911 said:

Any idea of the USA release date?  I need a new reel for fluke season!

They better get it out soon....otherwise their US dealers are gonna lose out to the JDM...   More than half the country is fishing hard right now......the other half is choping at the bit and buying their gear.  

13 mins ago, jk20a3 said:

Had a chance to play with it on Daiwa day at JnH....it really is the smoothest reel Ive ever handled. And I didnt think the Certate HD could get any smoother.

Unreal right!   Did you compare it to a twinpower, excense, sustain, stella...............it's then when you really see how crazy refined that thing is.   I wasn't blowin smoke...

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

They better get it out soon....otherwise their US dealers are gonna lose out to the JDM...   More than half the country is fishing hard right now......the other half is choping at the bit and buying their gear.  

Unreal right!   Did you compare it to a twinpower, excense, sustain, stella...............it's then when you really see how crazy refined that thing is.   I wasn't blowin smoke...

Yeah it was quite surprising I’m not a big shimano fan so closest I have to compare in smoothness is the Saltiga and certate...but this was on another level (it was very small though I’m not sure what size it was). The Daiwa rep actually spooled my 16’ JDM Catalina while I was waiting and said they would offer parts for it and the Isla for at least 9 more years. And your 100% right about bringing it out soon, as when I held the reel he said “it’s the only one in the US right now”....but in the back of my head I was thinking...well probablyyy not since the big JDM websites have the smaller sizes for sale already...

14 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Oddly my pre order is still under the my orders section on their site.

But you can no longer search for the reel. Have you heard about it being pulled?

Something we should know?

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 16/03/2019 at 11:52 AM, scoobydoo said:

That I don't know.....I did learn that the Exist received a triple corrosion protecting coating vs the single that the JDM version receives.  And the USDM model has a "harder" gear.   Sounds good to me but it isn't anything i can verify via screwdriver fondle :) .  This wasn't them blowing smoke (not inferring they do that)  It was brought up in discussions with Josh who is a daiwa dealer, when we discussed the release schedules of JDM vs USDM spurred on when talking about the new Procyon.

Nick, i also contacted al@n hawk last week about this Exist and was told that the body was made of magnesium. 1 thing i also noticed that the LT series of reel got lesser line capacity as compared to regular Daiwa reel of the same size

Edited by Tourstage

On 4/5/2019 at 9:03 PM, Tourstage said:

Nick, i also contacted al@n hawk last week about this Exist and was told that the body was made of magnesium. 1 thing i also noticed that the LT series of reel got lesser line capacity as compared to regular Daiwa reel of the same size

That's why supposedly the US Market exist has the "triple" corrosion coating and harder gear.. The coating to protect in saltwater and the "harder" gear for saltwater fish... The magnesium frame aspect was assumed as its printed on the box.  The other stuff I'd never heard until someone at Daiwa mentioned it.  

I`ve heard that exist LT has too much of capacity

from the daiwa dealer here, that uses one, and is very pleased with it in all aspects

22 hours ago, glos said:

I`ve heard that exist LT has too much of capacity

from the daiwa dealer here, that uses one, and is very pleased with it in all aspects

One guys too much, is another's not enough.

this one uses braid, so that also goes into account

I personaly always like more

that`s why I have 500  meters of 0.35 mm mono capacity reels

and it peels away so easily and far away

I knew it wont be too much

On 4/4/2019 at 11:57 AM, JA1911 said:

Any idea of the USA release date?  I need a new reel for fluke season!

It's available now, but has to be drop shipped from the factory. My 2500h should be here Friday.