scoobydoo

2019 Daiwa Certate LT: This thing is on another level

Rate this topic

84 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, rocketsurgeon said:

Thank you for the review. Is there going to be any differences between the USDM and JDM Certate to your knowledge? Either way, I will be ordering the 4000. Thanks again.

That I don't know.....I did learn that the Exist received a triple corrosion protecting coating vs the single that the JDM version receives.  And the USDM model has a "harder" gear.   Sounds good to me but it isn't anything i can verify via screwdriver fondle :) .  This wasn't them blowing smoke (not inferring they do that)  It was brought up in discussions with Josh who is a daiwa dealer, when we discussed the release schedules of JDM vs USDM spurred on when talking about the new Procyon.

Edited by scoobydoo

the word is, exist is super also

and previous certate had some issues

like rotor nut cracking, being made too light..

Edited by glos

16 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

That I don't know.....I did learn that the Exist received a triple corrosion protecting coating vs the single that the JDM version receives.  And the USDM model has a "harder" gear.   Sounds good to me but it isn't anything i can verify via screwdriver fondle :) .  This wasn't them blowing smoke (not inferring they do that)  It was brought up in discussions with Josh who is a daiwa dealer, when we discussed the release schedules of JDM vs USDM spurred on when talking about the new Procyon.

That’s just good info right there!  Keep it coming when possible. 

For me. Only different with certate and exist,,, is exist is about 30gram lighter... i already own the 4k exist,,, so waiting on the 6k certate lt.

On 3/16/2019 at 4:03 PM, Jetex2801 said:

5F847146-235B-4FED-B878-766001652E7B.jpeg.cdc524114182923bed5ac072d1e9f6e1.jpeg

Alan Hawk’s response, take as you will. 

Please post the entirety of the correspondence for context.

19 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Please post the entirety of the correspondence for context.

Using the contact option on his website I sent him what you wrote on an earlier post,  verbatim

Hello Alan

I've recently read this on a fishing forum, is this true? 

"The US market exist is a step above the JDM exist with additional coatings applied to the frame for corrosion protection and harder main gear.  Can't verify that but I was told that today." 

I would show the original sent inquiry if I could but it doesn't appear in my email inbox due to the nature of his contact form.

It would be great if we could get an official statement from Daiwa USA 

Edited by Jetex2801
fixed a typo

8 hours ago, Jetex2801 said:

Using the contact option on his website I sent him what you wrote on an earlier post,  verbatim

Hello Alan

I've recently read this on a fishing forum, is this true? 

"The US market exist is a step above the JDM exist with additional coatings applied to the frame for corrosion protection and harder main gear.  Can't verify that but I was told that today." 

I would show the original sent inquiry if I could but it doesn't appear in my email inbox due to the nature of his contact form.

It would be great if we could get an official statement from Daiwa USA 

Cool....just wanted to know if you asked or how you asked.

I'd normally go with what he says as over the years.  I can't really recall a time where he's been wrong.  And we all know the games that have been played in the past about gear material etc. 

The only thing that makes me lean with what I was told was because it came from corporate Daiwa California employees.  Not sales representatives or pro - staffs.  With the VP of Daiwa USA a few feet away.  

It's not something that's in the advertising.  So it's not like they're saying it to prevent out of market sales.  Know what I mean.

I wonder how you could measure something like that.....

on a separate note.

It was interesting to see how many booths had owners or execs on staff and in the mix........

And on the opposite end of the spectrum...at the Enigma rod booth.....the two people I interviewed couldn't anwer the most simple of questions with any certainty....they offered 3 rods.....and between the two of them none could tell me how much they retailed for...lol

Good news.  I've got a couple of older Certates that are still in perfect working condition.  This looks like a major upgrade.  I bought an Exist last year because the Certate had been discontinued (or so I thought).  The Exist is an amazing reel.  Absolute joy to fish with, but I had to pull more financial tricks than Paul Manafort to hide that expense from my wife. 

Traditionally Certate reels were known for smoothness, I still have a couple of 2004 dark blue reels that are some of the most free spinning reels I ever held in my hands,  over saltiga or Stella. I also had the hyper custom ( not 100% sure on name- the one with tougher gears for saltwater use - silver and yellow color) but it wasn’t as free spinning or smooth when retrieving. Is it me or the older body ( not as rounded ) was better looking? Just from an aesthetic point of view, without considering functionality 

20 hours ago, Tailslap said:

Does the new. Certate have bearings or bushings in roller? 

the 2016 Certate had magseal bearing in the roller, so why change in LT.. but we do not have schematic for the LT yet.