scoobydoo

2019 Daiwa Certate LT: This thing is on another level

Rate this topic

156 posts in this topic

3 mins ago, RockRonin said:

Will do. What line did you spool it with and how much did it fit?

I have a full 300 yard spool of 15lb suffix on there plus a minute amount of backing. 

18 mins ago, Jewjitzu said:

I have a full 300 yard spool of 15lb suffix on there plus a minute amount of backing. 

Then I should be able to get 300yd of 30# cuatro. Next thing is going to be the bearing upgrade kit from Hedgehog. Is backing required with that spool though?

6 mins ago, RockRonin said:

Then I should be able to get 300yd of 30# cuatro. Next thing is going to be the bearing upgrade kit from Hedgehog. Is backing required with that spool though?

No. A piece of tape should be fine. 

Ended up getting the 4000CXH. First time I cranked this reel I was like “ Woah!  That’s a new level of smoothness I haven’t felt before”   I have high hopes. Will use for shore hardtails the rest of this season. 

16 hours ago, Tailslap said:

Ended up getting the 4000CXH. First time I cranked this reel I was like “ Woah!  That’s a new level of smoothness I haven’t felt before”   I have high hopes. Will use for shore hardtails the rest of this season. 

For real right!!  

That's what I've been saying.  Stella + 1

11 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

For real right!!  

That's what I've been saying.  Stella +1

The new 5K should be arriving Weds. I'm psyched. What do you think of that 2 bearing upgrade kit Hedgehog sells? I was planning to get it. Is it worth the $?

10 hours ago, RockRonin said:

The new 5K should be arriving Weds. I'm psyched. What do you think of that 2 bearing upgrade kit Hedgehog sells? I was planning to get it. Is it worth the $?

i believe they are for spool bearing or handle bearing,, which you can just get quality bearing to replace,, no need to get from hedgehog,,that is my 2 cents

4 hours ago, avet4life said:

i believe they are for spool bearing or handle bearing,, which you can just get quality bearing to replace,,...,,

Are they common sizes? Would need exact:

Outside Diameter

Inside Diameter and Thickness. I saw some numbers a few pages back, but I didn't see [OD/ID/TH] specifically listed.

2 mins ago, RockRonin said:

Are they common sizes? Would need exact:

Outside Diameter

Inside Diameter and Thickness. I saw some numbers a few pages back, but I didn't see [OD/ID/TH] specifically listed.

post #106

FYI

the two bearing are 

7mmID×11mm OD×2.5mmTH

6mm IDx 10mm ODx 2.5mmTH

3 mins ago, avet4life said:

post #106

FYI

the two bearing are 

7mmID×11mm OD×2.5mmTH

6mm IDx 10mm ODx 2.5mmTH

I got that, but are they the same size across the board? The 5K would be bigger than the 4K/3K, no?

15 mins ago, RockRonin said:

I got that, but are they the same size across the board? The 5K would be bigger than the 4K/3K, no?

depend on the schematic,, if you have the schematic for the 5k and compare to 4k ,, that would tell you if the 4k and 5k using the same bushing or not. 

from this link, 

it support all certate LT

https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/4391

[DAIWA] 19 CERTATE LT2500S, LT2500S-XH, LT2500-H, LT3000-CXH, LT3000S-CH-DH, LT3000, LT3000-XH, LT4000-C, LT4000-CXH, LT5000D-CXH, LT5000D, LT5000D-XH for MAX12BB full bearing tuning kit (Sea bass, Shore jigging, Rock fish, Surf)

Edited by avet4life

44 mins ago, BrianBM said:

We look forward to your report.

The 5k holds 337yds of 20lb invisibraid. I fished it for about an hour this afternoon. It's a nice reel. I've had the 2500 for about 6 months, and it's been great. I can't think of a reason to expect any less from the 5k.

Off the top of my balding head, the Certate and Ballistic LT sound like Daiwa's go-to reels for saltwater use, short of the extremes of current or big game that call for a Saltiga.