scoobydoo

2019 Daiwa Certate LT: This thing is on another level

Rate this topic

127 posts in this topic

I'm out at the Bassmaster Classic and was greeted with this reel at the Airport....also hung out with Justin from Megabass for a bit waiting for the flight.  Awesome dude.

The beginning is the back-alley behind the AirBnB that we're staying at...apparently a Knoxville tourist destination lolol.

Spoiler alert.....I've never handled a reel at or above this reels price that is any more refined than this.  That includes the New Stella FJ and Exist...it's that good.

Definitely my next reel for the sweet stuff.....

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

I'm out at the Bassmaster Classic and was greeted with this reel at the Airport....also hung out with Justin from Megabass for a bit waiting for the flight.  Awesome dude.

The beginning is the back-alley behind the AirBnB that we're staying at...apparently a Knoxville tourist destination lolol.

Spoiler alert.....I've never handled a reel at or above this reels price that is any more refined than this.  That includes the New Stella FJ and Exist...it's that good.

Got my pre order in. Thought it felt amazing when I held it a few weeks back.

Thanks for the vid.

11 mins ago, Sudsy said:

$625 it had better be !

In Australia maybe but it's a 400$ reel.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

Are they going to make a surf reel size ?

Edited by Sudsy

Sweet looking reel. I was thinking of getting the new Exist but my guess is I would get equal performance with the Certate LT and save some dough in the process. 

I'm curious to your comments/thoughts on why this guy is potentially built better than their Exist.  I'm never owned a Daiwa Spinner, but have been interested in the Exist over the last year.

4 hours ago, jrk said:

I'm curious to your comments/thoughts on why this guy is potentially built better than their Exist.  I'm never owned a Daiwa Spinner, but have been interested in the Exist over the last year.

Not better...but equal.  That vid was tricky it was like reading a book upsided down while talking lol.

The US market exist is a step above the JDM exist with additional coatings applied to the frame for corrosion protection and harder main gear.  Can't verify that but I was told that today.

13 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

The Certate was always amazing,this doesn’t surprise me.

Thank you for the review. Is there going to be any differences between the USDM and JDM Certate to your knowledge? Either way, I will be ordering the 4000. Thanks again.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Good review scooby, I’m interested but also a little confused as to what makes this better than the JDM Certate HD which can be had for around $299? As that seems more like a mini Saltiga with the standard screw off mag-seal cap and magsealed ball bearings on both sides. (Don’t get me wrong after your Magseal BB video I can and do see traditional seals as a plus) but for Daiwa it should still be cheaper manufacturing wise. 

Edited by jk20a3

15 mins ago, jk20a3 said:

Good review scooby, I’m interested but also a little confused as to what makes this better than the JDM Certate HD which can be had for around $299? As that seems more like a mini Saltiga with the standard screw off mag-seal cap and magsealed ball bearings on both sides. (Don’t get me wrong after your Magseal BB video I can and do see traditional seals as a plus) but for Daiwa it should still be cheaper manufacturing wise. 

I think and this is going by only what I know and that is just by looking at them as far as this tear down went.....

The LT is offered in HD design in smaller sizes.   I don't know how the larger sized LT's compare to the HD

Nor do I know if the mag seal "cap" is like the saltiga in the Larger LT certates.