HugeDinghy

New Zealand

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

23 mins ago, rocco said:

unless my education has been wrong, at least a portion of the colonization of the americas was performed by missionaries.

i don't think that slaves were brought here solely as a christian mission, but the africans exploited for slavery were clearly oppressed by christians. 

i do think this is all missing the point. its not about christian versus muslims. i just think we need to take a closer look at ourselves too, rather than charging full speed ahead as self-righteous, ignorant hypocrites.

That was along time ago, and none of us were a part of any chit like that. I am tired of you did this and we did that, even up to the 1960's.

Times have changed for the better (racism, colonization, oppression, etc..) and we as people have a much, much better integrity towards others. 

Let's stop using pass history to sum up current times. Crazy individuals do crazy individual stuff. 

29 mins ago, rocco said:

unless my education has been wrong, at least a portion of the colonization of the americas was performed by missionaries.

i don't think that slaves were brought here solely as a christian mission, but the africans exploited for slavery were clearly oppressed by christians. 

i do think this is all missing the point. its not about christian versus muslims. i just think we need to take a closer look at ourselves too, rather than charging full speed ahead as self-righteous, ignorant hypocrites.

The slave trade was world-wide and wasn't a Christian institution.  I don't think it was Christian doctrine to drive the Indians out of their homelands either.  It was one group of people expanding their range into another and displacing them.  If an Arab country settled the USA, you can bet they'd be worse.  But, that couldn't have happened.  Why?  Because, 300 years later, they are still in the stone age.

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 mins ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

That was along time ago, and none of us were a part of any chit like that. I am tired of you did this and we did that, even up to the 1960's.

Times have changed for the better (racism, colonization, oppression, etc..) and we as people have a much, much better integrity towards others. 

Let's stop using pass history to sum up current times. Crazy individuals do crazy individual stuff. 

unfortunately, that's not going to happen. I don't care who you are talking about..muslims vs Christians, protestant versus catholic etc...it is what it is.. historical injustices tend to live on in peoples. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

9 mins ago, ovenrat said:

does that go for muslims/islam also ??   get them to accept and agree too, huh ? 

that goes for everyone in my book, as long as you want to be a part of the decent side of human society.

i'm not sure what you mean about getting them to accept and agree though :shrug: 

Unfortunately is the truth. We are doomed if it continues. We should be celebrating the positive changes (and not the Politically correct bs) that have come to fruition. :banghd:

11 mins ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

yeah, me too. never owned slaves or condoned slavery, segregation or any of that ****, yet i'm often treated as if i did :why:

6 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

unfortunately, that's not going to happen. I don't care who you are talking about..muslims vs Christians, protestant versus catholic etc...it is what it is.. historical injustices tend to live on in peoples. 

very sad, but very true. experience is one of the best teachers we have though, and so is history. which is why i think we need to acknowledge our shortcomings and try and find a way to move on.

I hope so, but im as guilty as anyone. my father tells me that-guy-over-there's great grandfather did harm to your great grandfather and im walking over and doing my best to render that mother ****er unconscious.  

7 mins ago, rocco said:

that goes for everyone in my book, as long as you want to be a part of the decent side of human society.

i'm not sure what you mean about getting them to accept and agree though :shrug: 

exactly …..and the tolerance and apathy about islams conduct continues  :banghd:

12 mins ago, Mummichog said:

The slave trade was world-wide and wasn't a Christian institution.  I don't think it was Christian doctrine to drive the Indians out of their homelands either.  It was one group of people expanding their range into another and displacing them.  If an Arab country settled the USA, you can bet they'd be worse.  But, that couldn't have happened.  Why?  Because, 300 years later, they are still in the stone age.

here's a couple books i'd recommend:

guns, germs and steel, jared diamond

1491, charels mann

17 mins ago, rocco said:

here's a couple books i'd recommend:

guns, germs and steel, jared diamond

1491, charels mann

After I finish God, Guns and Rock and Roll.  

The video of the shooting was on YT this morning. Guy had a go pro on and was live streaming it on FB so someone must of taped it. One guy rushed the shooter and got within a few feet of him but was cut down. Everyone else just huddled together and like Gad said and it was like shooting fish in a barrel. 

Shooter seemed very calm and deliberate, walked slowly and multi-shot most victims. Only sign of confusion was when he sometimes changing mags before he ran dry, may have lost count.  Must of reloaded at least 6 times before slowly walking back to car and switching rifles. 

The best quote I've seen:

" The hard asses, and the bleeding hearts could both learn something from each other today."

On 3/15/2019 at 4:25 PM, Firinne said:

The video of the shooting was on YT this morning. Guy had a go pro on and was live streaming it on FB so someone must of taped it. One guy rushed the shooter and got within a few feet of him but was cut down. Everyone else just huddled together and like Gad said and it was like shooting fish in a barrel. 

Shooter seemed very calm and deliberate, walked slowly and multi-shot most victims. Only sign of confusion was when he sometimes changing mags before he ran dry, may have lost count.  Must of reloaded at least 6 times before slowly walking back to car and switching rifles. 

Crazy man, I can't watch chit like that. I turn my head when I pass a car accident on the highway.

I tell you what, it gives you a whole different view on what the police go against in these mass shootings when they have to immediately enter a building. Tremendously outgunned and really difficult to close the distance. 

On 3/15/2019 at 4:47 PM, shb said:

The best quote I've seen:

" The hard asses, and the bleeding hearts could both learn something from each other today."

I'm confused....what exactly did we learn that we didn't already know?