tomkaz

Are College Cheating Parents Disproportionately Liberal Dems?

Rate this topic

99 posts in this topic

Just now, Hook I said:

The Republicans invented stuff like this ...don’t give credit to the D’s . 

Is there a patent somewhere we can check out or are you just saying **** that pops in to your head.  

7 mins ago, JimG said:

She could have had that guy take the SATs for her kids for that price

I have met the kid, nice guy but dumb as a baseball. As my son says, fun to be with, loyal friend, but never gonna invite him to join a debate team. 

He guffawed when I said you could say the same thing about our dog. 

I'm sure there are some on both sides. But I'll guess predominately progs. They like the appearances thing more (symbolism over substance could be their mantra)

From the threads- kushner is a prog.

The FILTHY rich are more concentrated on the LEFT no matter what the propaganda tries to get you to believe. This is a trait of how they do things. 

It's amusing to me that this is being made into a Left vs Right discussion to score some cheap partisan jabs, when really it's a class warfare issue. The rich don't care about left vs right so long as it's rich over poor. Every time. 

12 mins ago, slowroller said:

It's amusing to me that this is being made into a Left vs Right discussion to score some cheap partisan jabs, when really it's a class warfare issue. The rich don't care about left vs right so long as it's rich over poor. Every time. 

Its about elitism, for sure. There’s an article that was published in the past year that discusses how the elites stay elite and keep the riff raff out of their special club. If I have the time I will find it. 

That said, while you are correct, I still stand by my comment that those tied up in this will turn out to be more liberal than not. Call it a hunch born of actual and personal experience with the type. 

17 mins ago, slowroller said:

seems stupid to me,

but just roll with it.

If it turns out that EVERY DAMN ONE of them turned out to be a registered Dem,

it won't change my opinion on what they did.....

3 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Call it a hunch born of actual and personal experience with the type. 

So you got nothing basically.  We can agree it's an elite class problem but I would add that corruption has become acceptable at many levels.  This was only uncovered by accident, we won't know what the real extent is or who and how many participated.

10 mins ago, JimW said:

So you got nothing basically.  We can agree it's an elite class problem but I would add that corruption has become acceptable at many levels.  This was only uncovered by accident, we won't know what the real extent is or who and how many participated.

i'm hoping they pull on this thread a while.

I'm guessing a LOT of dopey rich people with nice diplomas on the wall are getting nervous.

Posted (edited) · Report post

24 mins ago, JimW said:

How many of our institutions have been proven corrupt?

Colleges, the news media, the churches, the medical field, banks, government...all, and more have come under question as to their integrity. When should we lose faith that the average Joe is treated fairly when dealing with these institutions?

Edited by dena

1 min ago, dena said:

. When should we lose faith that the average Joe is treated fairly when dealing with these institutions?

many have.

that's why AOC is so popular with today's youth,

they know that the rich and powerful have rigged the system against them,

they don't want to play the game under rigged rules anymore.

12 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

i'm hoping they pull on this thread a while.

I'm guessing a LOT of dopey rich people with nice diplomas on the wall are getting nervous.

I just think if you want to make a political statement based on a small sample gathered accidentally from a clique of Hollywood types involved with only a couple of individuals who facilitated it you got nothing.  If at some future date a wider sweep is done of these practices for a larger pool maybe you got something.  

Money corrupts, big news.  

5 mins ago, dena said:

How many of our institutions have been proven corrupt?

Colleges, the news media, the churches, the medical field, banks, government...all, and more have come under question as to their integrity. When should we lose faith that the average Joe is treated fairly when dealing with these institutions?

Should have lost faith in a fair game long ago.   Nobody has the resources to investigate much of this any more.  Manafort is an example of being in corrupt activities for decades and continuing to feel above the law to such an extent that he thought he could get away with it indefinitely.   Likely would have if he’d kept a lower profile.  Corruption is at ridiculous levels. 

2 hours ago, slowroller said:

This. X 1000000.   And the continuing focus by some members of which side does this more is proof of the effectiveness of the rich’s efforts in dividing and conquering those with less     

all I hear are folks screaming about "I told you so" in terms of the rich elite and the fix....but doesn't this story actually say the opposite? I mean these uber rich and powerful fuqs had to lie cheat and steal to get their dumb ass kids into these schools. no?