Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

I think there migration patterns are changing along with the weather patterns.  Their not where they were. 

Maybe that is because they have been taken from the resource.

If it was purely a migration change then humans would soon cotton on.

Too Many Stripers are being killed.

mike

Posted (edited) · Report post

I agree Mike - toomany fish being killed. The data show that rec landings are much higher than commercial landings. I would like to see that number if guide, charters, and head boat numbers were added to commercial instead of rec.

Edited by aland

There are going to follow the bait for sure.

I think of the 70's  The water is so much cleaner.  In the early 70's there were pogies all over the place and then they were gone.

There were not a lot of bass around after that.

This year the pogies were so thick in Boston Harbor that you could walk on them at times and the stripers were right there feeding.  The canal was the same way.  

Down the cape on the West End of the Canal there were tons of baby stripers.  The guys in the neighborhood were saying there sick of catching the rats?  I haven't seen so many rats in years. 13' 14' 15 ' stripers  Good sign for the future.

The red tides are killing a lot of fish.  Some of the fish kills are so bad, that  the fish are 10' deep (dead) along the beach?  You could line up fishermen toe to toe and they wouldn't catch that many in a year.  

I do believe in cycles and I know some don't. 

The last couple of year the small Bluefish ( 6 to 8 inch ) have not been around ?

At least not in buzzards Bay at the west end like they were years back?