Nomad92

BST items "sold"

6 posts in this topic

I've been seeing BST items posted where the seller provides pics and discriptions. Then the next post in the thread shows "sold" and the thread is closed. Does anyone have any idea what is going on with there "sales"? On the surface it appears the seller may have sold the items on another platform and closed the BST thread here on SOL. 

18 mins ago, Nomad92 said:

I've been seeing BST items posted where the seller provides pics and discriptions. Then the next post in the thread shows "sold" and the thread is closed. Does anyone have any idea what is going on with there "sales"? On the surface it appears the seller may have sold the items on another platform and closed the BST thread here on SOL. 

Report those posts if you see them - click the ‘report post’ link at the top of the post :th: 

TimS

Just want to make sure everyone understands that sellers are welcome to close a thread at any time provided no one has accepted their terms yet. They don’t need to explain why, they don’t have to answer questions...they can just close the thread and there’s nothing wrong or suspicious about it :)

If someone writes ‘sold’ in a thread with no responses, that would be potentially problematic :)

TimS

I see "sold" as the first response now and then. It seems to be more prevalent lately. The example I provided did say "closed" and not "sold". I don't have time to find any "sold" examples I've seen. Even if I did, I'll never use the option to report again. As therein lies zero confidentiality. 

1 hour ago, Nomad92 said:

I see "sold" as the first response now and then. It seems to be more prevalent lately. The example I provided did say "closed" and not "sold". I don't have time to find any "sold" examples I've seen. Even if I did, I'll never use the option to report again. As therein lies zero confidentiality. 

You started a thread - I asked you to report an example of someone posting "sold" - you report one where someone posted "closed"...in which you posted twice asking the seller who they sold it to. I'm really struggling here to understand why you'd start a thread about an item being sold somewhere else, three posts after you asked the seller to whom they sold the item...and then report that same thread when I asked you to report an example of items being sold somewhere else - if that thread wasn't the exact reason for starting this thread? Again, I'm sorry this upsets you, when given the opportunity to let hundreds or thousands of people read something that explains something that is apparently confusing people - or PM one person - I'm going to take the route that helps hundreds or thousands understand.  

Lastly, I asked you to report the post, in public...do you think anyone was surprised that you did? Anyone that looked at the posts you made immediately prior to starting this thread would already know why you started this thread before I posted anything. You even said in this thread that you would report the post...not sure why you think I shared some kind of secret here, I'd never do that.

TimS