flyangler

Better Lucky Than Smart, DownUnder Edition

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Stax said:

Nobody, that's right, NOBODY had their guns"TAKEN' from them. NOT ONE.  Fact.

Ok, nobody had their guns taken, they were just forced to surrender them or go to jail.  Kinda like that time I got robbed...the guy didn't take my wallet, I just chose to give it to him so he wouldnt stab me. Huge difference, right?

Quote...."Ok, nobody had their guns taken, they were just forced to surrender them or go to jail."

Also not true. You could surrender your guns via the "amnesty" that followed the Port Arthur massacre, or if it was legally held with a valid license then you could keep it. Simple plain easy to understand fact.

There are still a few of these no longer legal assault rifles and handguns in the general public, however the number "before" the amnesty was already very low and most, about 80% of those were handed in and bought from the owners at a very fair buyback price, and in a lot of cases they got more for their guns than they paid for them.

It is now illegal to import or buy from any source an assault (semi auto, or fully auto) rifle or handgun, and to further this it is now also illegal to use these at any Gun range. (Forces, Security and Police exempt) So if you own one and are not in the armed forces or police force, you "legally" can't use it at all. 

So, still to this day, nobody has had their guns "taken" from them.

PS, not everything in Australia is trying to kill you. (now I am talking animals)

Stax

And what if you didnt surrender them?

Sorry Stax, but many of us simply do not see any difference between giving something up under threat of force and having that thing "taken" from us.  

1 hour ago, EBHarvey said:

Really, there was no threat of force?  People surrendered 650,000 guns even though nothing would happen if they didn't?

Exactly , I'd like to know what qualifies as an semi auto assault rifle? 

And yes, everything in Australia wants to kill you...

You have jelly fish that will make you wish you were dead! And twenty gazillion poisonous snakes and spiders...

3 mins ago, EBHarvey said:

Nobody gets put in jail, they walk right in.  The goverment doesnt take your money, you willingly pay taxes...

Eggzactly...

14 hours ago, Stax said:

Quote...."Ok, nobody had their guns taken, they were just forced to surrender them or go to jail."

Also not true. You could surrender your guns via the "amnesty" that followed the Port Arthur massacre, or if it was legally held with a valid license then you could keep it. Simple plain easy to understand fact.

There are still a few of these no longer legal assault rifles and handguns in the general public, however the number "before" the amnesty was already very low and most, about 80% of those were handed in and bought from the owners at a very fair buyback price, and in a lot of cases they got more for their guns than they paid for them.

It is now illegal to import or buy from any source an assault (semi auto, or fully auto) rifle or handgun, and to further this it is now also illegal to use these at any Gun range. (Forces, Security and Police exempt) So if you own one and are not in the armed forces or police force, you "legally" can't use it at all. 

PS, not everything in Australia is trying to kill you. (now I am talking animals)

Stax

So, your saying Google, Wiki and the laws available to see via Internet are BS? Jesus man, even your comment about gun range use is off base. I could quote c/o search but trying to copy/paste from the phone sucks. 

18 hours ago, Stax said:

Stax

You and FnM would get along swell.  You both argue till blue in the face while torturing logic