saltydawg

Connecticut SC rules lawsuit against Remington

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 hours ago, saltydawg said:

...can proceed. The suit by 9 Sandy Hook families states that Remington never should have been able to market the AR-15 to civilians.

This will be one to watch...slippery slope. 

Agreed it's  slippery slope...and jusf might maybe always will be that way n the U.S.. 

Edited by patchyfog

15 hours ago, Sudsy said:

If we want to look into the future, just look at England

Tory MP Scott Mann has attracted mockery on social media after calling for strict new knife control measures including for every blade sold in the UK to be fitted with GPS tracking systems.
In a post on the micro-blogging platform Twitter, the representative for North Cornwall went on to declare that Britain should create a “national database” of people who own knives, “like we do with guns”.

So registering then confiscating guns in the UK, did not stop violence. Now they want to register knives. When that also fails to prevent violence, they will necessarily need to blame something else. Never stopping to consider removal of the operator for long periods of time. Can’t punish them for what they did.

19 hours ago, BW said:

while I can sympathize with these families blaming a style of firearm is absolute lunacy...

It was a political statement by the CT Supreme Court (which is hostile to gun ownership).  The ruling will be overturned at the federal level.

Federal law is clear on this.

24 mins ago, fishweewee said:

It was a political statement by the CT Supreme Court (which is hostile to gun ownership).  The ruling will be overturned at the federal level.

Exactly 

1 hour ago, fishweewee said:

Why is it that most blue State Judiciaries are radically politicized?

20 hours ago, tomkaz said:

I have two stripped lowers in the safe just waiting for me to build them. I bought them “just in case” during the Obama years. But at this point, I have four completes that are not getting used enough so why build another? I was going to SBR one of them, but I really want a SIG MPX pistol so why pay for a SBR stamp? 

Your lowers don't happen to be located in MA and pre- healy registered do they? ;)

I have been looking for one but in the peoples republic of MA; you cannot own or obtain any "assault weapons" or the lowers without proof of purchase or registration pre 7/20/16. The way the law is currently written transfers are acceptable though. It has made prices sky rocket on otherwise cheaper lowers or rifles; never mind the high end ones.

The mother of the shooter allowed her very troubled, mentally ill son easy access to firearms.  She even taught and encouraged their use by taking him shooting at the local range for recreation.  Had this young man been institutionalized years earlier as he obviously should have been, this shooting would have been avoided.  

1 min ago, CcCstriper89 said:

Your lowers don't happen to be located in MA and pre- healy registered do they? ;)

I have been looking for one but in the peoples republic of MA; you cannot own or obtain any "assault weapons" or the lowers without proof of purchase or registration pre 7/20/16. The way the law is currently written transfers are acceptable though. It has made prices sky rocket on otherwise cheaper lowers or rifles; never mind the high end ones.

No, sorry. 

When we left CT in 2015, I decided to leave my pre-ban Bushie XM-15 in the state for someone else to own and love.  Went to one of the big fun stores and was given a choice of $1,200 in cash or $1,600 store credit. I took the credit toward a Beretta Silver Pigeon. 

Why sell the Bushie? It’s worth outside CT was around $700 at that point. And it didn’t seem right to help reduce the number of pre-bans in the state. 

A buddy went to same same store later that day and they had my rifle on the rack with a $2,200 price tag on it. He went back a week later to pick up something he had ordered and it was gone. 

Supply and demand..... 

1 hour ago, zybathegeek said:

Why is it that most blue State Judiciaries are radically politicized?

Because the Judges are appointed by the radical politicians the idiot voters put into office.

3 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Because the Judges are appointed by the radical politicians the idiot voters put into office.

So much for the doctrine of trias politica, or is that only raised to politically inconvenience and disparage.

6 hours ago, oax said:

The mother of the shooter allowed her very troubled, mentally ill son easy access to firearms.  She even taught and encouraged their use by taking him shooting at the local range for recreation.  Had this young man been institutionalized years earlier as he obviously should have been, this shooting would have been avoided.  

And that has what to do with an inanimate object, i.e. the gun?