Lagerhead

Some thoughts from a resident of a liberal state

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

41 mins ago, dena said:

Beat me to it.

Red states could starve the blue states out inside of a week.

Next time you want a steak, or some veggies, get it from a blue state Democrat. 

LOL

we will either buy the food,

or if you refuse to sell,

we will take it.

Cleaning house to install family, associates: Questionable Murphy admin hires continue

Dustin Racioppi, Trenton Bureau Published 3:37 p.m. ET Feb. 25, 2019 | Updated 1:12 p.m. ET Feb. 26, 2019

Gov. Phil Murphy put the vice chairwoman of the Democratic State Committee in charge of an agency responsible for nearly $11 billion in school building projects in the state's poorest areas, an agency that was created after a mismanagement scandal.

Lizette Delgado-Polanco became chief executive officer of the Schools Development Authority in August. From then until the first week of February, the authority hired 38 people whose salaries totaled $3.3 million, according to a payroll list obtained by NorthJersey.com and the USA TODAY NETWORK New Jersey.

Some of them came into their new jobs earning higher salaries than their predecessors did. Others filled jobs that hadn't existed before. And many appear to have personal connections to Delgado-Polanco or her family.

The Schools Development Authority is at the center of questions about Murphy's hiring practices since the resignation of former chief of staff Al Alvarez amid an accusation he sexually assaulted a woman during the Murphy campaign. While lawmakers have spent two months investigating Alvarez's hiring, they have barely touched on the restructuring at the authority in which he was involved before he left.

Current and former employees said they view the restructuring as a front for patronage and fear that what they call the relative inexperience of many new hires could put the authority on a path leading to familiar troubles.

The authority disputes that and said the new employees are all "highly qualified" and "are experienced professionals with the skillset and decades of experience needed to succeed in their roles at the SDA." The authority did not provide job postings and job descriptions for the new hires.

It is clear, though, that the restructuring has benefited those close to Delgado-Polanco and her family while veterans of the authority were fired.

In all, 26 of the authority's employees, many of whom worked for both Republican and Democratic administrations, were "terminated" in the restructuring and replaced with some of Delgado-Polanco’s allies and associates — including a second cousin who had been accused in a previous public job of sexual harassment.

Frank, I'm happy for you. That you are ok with your salary to expense ratio; but I think there's a Widening gap between people who can and people who can't afford to live here. The current direction will create create a welfare class and a public worker/affluent class.

I ask my liberal friends in Pa if they are ready for NJ taxes. That's what will happen to the country if the liberals get hold.

4 mins ago, Lagerhead said:

Frank, I'm happy for you. That you are ok with your salary to expense ratio; but I think there's a Widening gap between people who can and people who can't afford to live here.

true,

maybe WE should keep more of our Federal Dollars in state,

and offset costs.

instead the red states are sucking up all the Taxes we pay in the Blue states.

seems unfair.

5 mins ago, Lagerhead said:

I ask my liberal friends in Pa if they are ready for NJ taxes. That's what will happen to the country if the liberals get hold.

LOL

ask your friends in Red states when they will be willing to pay their fair share.

that's the problem with our rigged system,

the Red States are taking our money and giving it to their constituents.

1 min ago, fish'nmagician said:

LOL

ask your friends in Red states when they will be willing to pay their fair share.

that's the problem with our rigged system,

the Red States are taking our money and giving it to their constituents.

The ACA only made that issue worse.  I was not for the ACA.

1 hour ago, saltydawg said:

I assume you are getting a high return on the 30k per student investment, right?

technically, yes. 

31 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

LOL

we will take it.

Remember the red states are also where all the guns are!

7 mins ago, MakoMike said:

Remember the red states are also where all the guns are!

remember in the PG you must be VERY literal,

if you say all the guns are in red states,

you will be called a liar. because not all the guns were there.

then you will be told that this level of dishonesty makes it impossible to have a conversation with you.

49 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

LOL

we will take it.

that would be awesome....watching some libby  jackwagon stand behind a cow waiting for a hamburger to fall out of it's ass....

Just now, BW said:

that would be awesome....watching some libby  jackwagon stand behind a cow waiting for a hamburger to fall out of it's ass....

Hey, where's the tofu bush?