tomkaz

AOC Not So Detail Oriented; Should Banks Be Liable for Borrowers “Mideeds”?

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, The Dude said:

How many AOC threads are there going to be? This chick owns you guys worse than hHillary.

Not another "owns you post."  Seriously.

Democrats should stop putting idiots in positions of power, I guess.  Right?

This is what they do when they cant argue the topic.  They bog you down telling you what you intended when you posted.  DId the same with with me in the "garbage" thread.

Its a clear sign they have nothing.  And one of the reasons they are universally reviled.  I am surprised Tim let this one stand, its so blatant.

Pro Tip, discuss or go away.  Especially if you cant figure out the premise (lol, sure you dont get it)  smh

Clearly, banks cannot be entrusted to choose the correct people and organizations to lend to. 

Let's see, whom would a Democrat look to to make those decisions?

Hmmmmmm.....Thinking........Thinking........

Posted (edited) · Report post

19 hours ago, tomkaz said:

Yes, sadly, there is no intelligence test before one can run for Congress. Should there be?

But that is from the linked item below and one can excuse her for not knowing her XL from the non-XL. 

But see who she was interrogating questioning at the time, the CEO of Wells Fargo. Why? 

Which gets to the larger issue being raised by Dems like Warren - Should lending banks be responsible in any way for the actions of the borrowers to whom they are lending? In other words, for an oil spill, a plane crash or a product failure/suit, should the banks be somehow culpable for those corporate issues? 

Which then makes me wonder if Dems can think of that, why do they argue against universities having some “skin in the game” when students borrow heavily to attend their schools? Liberal argue that schools should not be on the hood if a borrower reneges on their student debt? 

Aren’t the two the same basic rationale? 

The answer is...............maybe

But it shouldn't be up to the Congress or President to decide.

Edited by eddy

Posted (edited) · Report post

Having just watched an interview with Beto, I expect he'll "own" everyone next.  It left me wondering if idiocy is a prerequisite for running as Dem.  Just another BS salesman.

Edited by Nessmuk

The nature of the thing being financed is none of the bank's business, but the ability to repay the debt certainly is.

This is why student loans is very unique.

It's poorly collateralized, but not absolved by bankruptcy - that is strange.

Does the gov back these loans?

21 mins ago, Billybob said:

The nature of the thing being financed is none of the bank's business, but the ability to repay the debt certainly is.

This is why student loans is very unique.

It's poorly collateralized, but not absolved by bankruptcy - that is strange.

Does the gov back these loans?

The US government is the largest maker of student loans. The Obama Administration made it a near monopoly by forcing out most private sector lenders. Thus, any forgiveness or reneging on student loans will be borne by the US taxpayer. 

4 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

This is what they do when they cant argue the topic.  They bog you down telling you what you intended when you posted.  DId the same with with me in the "garbage" thread.

Its a clear sign they have nothing.  And one of the reasons they are universally reviled.  I am surprised Tim let this one stand, its so blatant.

Pro Tip, discuss or go away.  Especially if you cant figure out the premise (lol, sure you dont get it)  smh

Translation:

:waah:

12 mins ago, The Dude said:

Translation:

:waah:

Thank you for another high quality and insightful contribution to this discussion. 

On 3/14/2019 at 0:21 PM, tomkaz said:

NO, this is not an AOC thread, it is a question surrounding whether lenders should be responsible for what the borrowers do with the lent money. 

he couldn't see past the pre-loaded snark. That's called a misfire or a premature e-snarkulation.

--- as to the questions at hand, if the lender has knowledge that the financed activity is unsound - debatable yes.

If the lender fails to do proper due dil, therefore "willfull blindness" - yes,

but we already have laws on the books that cover this. I am not surprised most congress critters even bother with research anymore. 

5 hours ago, Billybob said:

not entirely the case. See Patriot Act

On 3/14/2019 at 0:08 PM, The Dude said:

How many AOC threads are there going to be? This chick owns you guys worse than hHillary.

You keep using this word "own."  I don't think it means what you think it does.

But then again, you guys keep confusing "anger" with "fear," so I guess getting this wrong as well is no big stretch.

19 mins ago, SallyGrowler said:

not entirely the case. See Patriot Act

Patriot Act is some pretty scary ****. You want to shore up an argument with it?

7 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

You keep using this word "own."  I don't think it means what you think it does.

But then again, you guys keep confusing "anger" with "fear," so I guess getting this wrong as well is no big stretch.

I'm a fan of "triggered."  It bugs them, so they try to apply it to the right whenever they don't want to deal with something.  And here's the hilarious part...THEY invented the term about THEMSELVES. :laugh: