Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandflee

Booking Vacation Online

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

We use travelocity, Expedia, etc. 

Last month I used my Amex travel to rent a car in PR. Didn’t use points just the service. They beat everyone by 20%. Good deal.

Over the summer we traveled to Italy and used Airbnb for our lodging in Rome, Florence, and Calabria. Best decision. 

4 hours ago, Belmo said:

The wife and kid are going to Florida next week, and I got them what looks like a good deal on a real flop little efficiency apartment in Clearwater Beach. It was cheaper than a hotel. I got it on Airbnb.

AirBNB is tuff to beat. Enjoy your time at home!!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, Belmo said:

They are the company my wife and kid are getting a car from next week.

Good thing I'll be here with the hounds. :D

You should try and change the rental company. The best thing to do is get a cab to an off site Enterprise, last time cost us $15 and we saved over a hundred on the weekly rental. They'll wait more than 2 hours for the car.

Next year I plan to go to Clearwater Beach again I won't rent a car. We only used it once to drive to the Phillies game and back but found out that the hotel we were staying in had a shuttle to the stadium. The hotels there charges $20 a day to park. You can really walk to everything down there.

Edited by Firinne

28 mins ago, Firinne said:

Next year I plan to go to Clearwater Beach again I won't rent a car. We only used it once to drive to the Phillies game and back but found out that the hotel we were staying in had a shuttle to the stadium. The hotels there charges $20 a day to park. You can really walk to everything down there.

They want a car, if only to be able to get out and explore -- they wanna go to Caladesi Island, and to some other place I don't remember.

And to be honest, I don't care if it costs a bit more money for them to have a car they don't use. I'd pay for a limo for them if it got them out of state. :

1 min ago, Belmo said:

They want a car, if only to be able to get out and explore -- they wanna go to Caladesi Island, and to some other place I don't remember.

And to be honest, I don't care if it costs a bit more money for them to have a car they don't use. I'd pay for a limo for them if it got them out of state. :

I understand but with Fox they're gonna spend 2 plus hrs, possibly 3 waiting for a car. Cancel, reserve from Enterprise 5 minutes off the airport site and you'll be doing them a huge favor. I can look up the Enterprise we used if you like and get you the address. 

I've found if you put the time and leg work in you can find cheaper rates then the travel agent. I was in charge of travel arrangements for a company I worked for and before I took the position they did everything  through a travel agent. I almost always found cheaper rates the agent couldn't match. It's a pain in the ass sometimes, setting up price trackers and checking different sights all the time. We used to to get the best flight deals most of the time by booking through American Express. 

Looked into Costco vacation packages, definitely some great deals cheaper than Expedia etc. and includes transport and cancellation insurance

8 mins ago, Mummichog said:

VRBO or whatever real estate handles houses where I want to stay.  I’d rather stay at a house than a hotel.

I agree but that depends where your headed

8 hours ago, Sandflee said:

I agree but that depends where your headed

True.  But I try to stay away from touristy places where the only option is a hotel.  :)