Joe

Ducks by the Belt Parkway

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Joe said:

I live in Bellport &work in NJ. I'm normally across the bridge before 1pm. I'm at my desk by 5am

Only way to do it .. when I used to do work in Edison , the morning no problem, after working 5 to 5 the way home was crazytalk . Crawl from the bridge all the way to bethpage .. 3 -4 hours sometimes .. 

16 hours ago, Joe said:

I live in Bellport &work in NJ. I'm normally across the bridge before 1pm. I'm at my desk by 5am

Damn, that is some commute!

You can hunt off the rockaways? About once every two weeks i have to go to JFK from jersey shore. See lots of Brant, some buffie heads, occasionally some broad bills. My sons shoot Brant, I can't be bothered anymore, just not the greatest tasting thing going. Might take one a year. I ll sit and wait for black ducks. Much better tasting.

Long Island to Jersey every day? God bless you, Id lose my mind, plus what has to be about 25 bucks a day on tolls, that is rough.

Sometimes life makes choices for you. Tolls are 6.25/day. I go over the Williamsburg to the Holland going in & the Goethals going home. If you use it enough they have a plan for ezpass. Gas is the biggest expense even with a hybrid. My Niro averages >50 mpg. Time is 1:35+ going in & 1:45 to ugh... going home. Summers are the worst.

"Sometimes life makes choices for you."

Amen to that... makes you appreciate the summer sunrise in the backdrop while your tossing plugs into the wash.

Wifey could never understand how I would wake myself up at 3am.. fish for 6 hours through sun up... skunk and come home with a smile.

Sometimes fishing is not just about the fish.

Not for nothing but been more then a few times sitting in traffic on belt and all of sudden fish busting .. quick pull over and pull out rod and fish on .. stay there till I either get booted or traffic clears up 

14 hours ago, jerseystriper said:

I have been in that crawl and have seen what looks like fish busting. I never pulled over though. 

1:35 to 1:45, actually not all that worse then my 1:30 usually to Hoboken.  

I have shorter commute than most folks I know that take the LIRR into the city. I'm in my own car & I have my afternoons to do as I please. It's not ideal; but it could certainly be worse. I'm too old for the late nite stuff anyway.

Edited by Joe

On 3/20/2019 at 1:45 PM, baldadonis2002 said:

Wow my brother... traffic moving that slow that you can watch fish busting... now that's a crawl.

Yea efffin  slooow.. there’s those two legal lots to park but every time i stumbled into fish it was way before them .. only prob is winching them up the wall lol ..  some huge choppers been known to pop up there if ya get lucky