Joe

Ducks by the Belt Parkway

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Does any know what they are? Kind of like smaller, rounder Canada Geese with a mottled rump. There are tons of them in the winter

1 hour ago, Lateral Line said:

When I was a kid we called them wildlife. 

Now the locals call them lunch.

Coming to America, the land of milk and honey.

2 hours ago, mythreesons said:

You must be in Brooklyn. Nothing but Canadian geese in Queens. No sign of any osprey  yet

I drive the Belt every afternoon

They've thrown me off many times. From a distance I think its fish breaking then I get close an realize their just chasing each other.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 3/14/2019 at 10:11 AM, Joe said:

I drive the Belt every afternoon

How do you resist the urge to drive off the Verrazzano? I used to work in Staten Island a couple times a month, leaving my place in Nassau at 5 am and still hitting bumper to bumper traffic drove me insane. I'm glad I'm mostly commuting east these days lol. 

Edited by C.Robin

Definitely Atlantic Brant! I drove by the Belt Parkway this afternoon. Got stuck in traffic but the sunset was great! One time my kids almost brought them home as he was feeding them. LOL... Last year, I saw a raccoon by the park before the Caesar's Bay Bazaar.

18 hours ago, Bluefishmaster said:

Definitely Atlantic Brant! I drove by the Belt Parkway this afternoon. Got stuck in traffic but the sunset was great! One time my kids almost brought them home as he was feeding them. LOL... Last year, I saw a raccoon by the park before the Caesar's Bay Bazaar.

If there's one thing there's no shortage of in Brooklyn it's raccoons and possums.  Had to spend the better part of a month trying to get a damn raccoon out of the bilge of my boat.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:05 PM, C.Robin said:

How do you resist the urge to drive off the Verrazzano? I used to work in Staten Island a couple times a month, leaving my place in Nassau at 5 am and still hitting bumper to bumper traffic drove me insane. I'm glad I'm mostly commuting east these days lol. 

I live in Bellport &work in NJ. I'm normally across the bridge before 1pm. I'm at my desk by 5am