mtl50

Fort Pierce Jetty

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Going to be down there the last week of March. Looking for lure/plug recommendations and what I might expect to catch. Just bringing a 7'6" St Croix travel rod. Thanks. 

Give West Marine a call and see if they have any Suggestions ## 772 828 4170

Spare Time something else to do Visit Navy Seal Museum  Well worth the time spent    Al

I was there the 3rd week of March last year.  Lots of people using bait on the jetty.  We went to the other side of inlet and fished for a about 1/2 hr.  Caught a short snook on a DOA shrimp.  You can try a Rapala X rap also.  

Have fun!

12 mins ago, Suebert2 said:

I was there the 3rd week of March last year.  Lots of people using bait on the jetty.  We went to the other side of inlet and fished for a about 1/2 hr.  Caught a short snook on a DOA shrimp.  You can try a Rapala X rap also.  

Have fun!

Thanks. I will let you know how I make out.

DOA Shrimp under a Cajun Thunder popping rig is a highly productive rig for  Red /Trout/Snook for longer cast buy one with small brass balls  (Weighted) as they can be bought with out weight, will have glass beads on top, when popped the beads will give sound like a shrimp clacking twitch pause twitch pause

Cajun Thunder approx. $4.00 in most tackle shops, and of course Wal Mart

49 mins ago, Al Sears said:

DOA Shrimp under a Cajun Thunder popping rig is a highly productive rig for  Red /Trout/Snook for longer cast buy one with small brass balls  (Weighted) as they can be bought with out weight, will have glass beads on top, when popped the beads will give sound like a shrimp clacking twitch pause twitch pause

Cajun Thunder approx. $4.00 in most tackle shops, and of course Wal Mart

Thanks for that. I will definitely give it a try. How about top water? Or just the basics, a few sp minnows and a  couple of lead heads? Maybe a small mag darter or two.

Top Water  Skitter walker and Zara Spook were my two  best top water using walk the Dog Manner (side to side )  movement by twitch ,Red Fish , Snook bust them  great sight to see them bust the lure, price  est   10-12 each

If you should catch a Lady Fish , Cut it up and this chunk is Candy to  Red Fish,

4 hours ago, Al Sears said:

Top Water  Skitter walker and Zara Spook were my two  best top water using walk the Dog Manner (side to side )  movement by twitch ,Red Fish , Snook bust them  great sight to see them bust the lure, price  est   10-12 each

If you should catch a Lady Fish , Cut it up and this chunk is Candy to  Red Fish,

Going to pack a small plug bag. Hopefully it will work. Thanks.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I fished lt last week from a boat, there was some bluefish around hitting castmasters, jigs would be recommended, I’ve heard 1 to 1 1/2 ounces but I haven’t fished them. I’m guessing you could rent a katak near ther and fish the intercoastal. If the beach is clean you might be able to fish out front, Spanish, blues and jacks should be around, not with the yak just walking the beach

Edited by aneary

4 hours ago, aneary said:

I fished lt last week from a boat, there was some bluefish around hitting castmasters, jigs would be recommended, I’ve heard 1 to 1 1/2 ounces but I haven’t fished them. I’m guessing you could rent a katak near ther and fish the intercoastal. If the beach is clean you might be able to fish out front, Spanish, blues and jacks should be around, not with the yak just walking the beach

Very helpful. Thanks