scoobydoo

Anyone goin to the big show starting tomorrow?

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

This is going to be the first time I've attended the Bassmaster Classic.

I'll be there starting tomorrow afternoon and staying until Sunday.

My goal is to cover every single new product being launched in detail in 4k....while at the same time not getting kicked out 

Anyone else headed down there.

Anything specific from any company you guys want me to check out?

I know Buddha12 wants the skinny on the new poison Adrena.

And others want to know about the new Procyon LT.

I'm itching to get my hands on the new Steez CT

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I know Buddha12 wants the skinny on the new poison Adrena.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

2 hours ago, rocketsurgeon said:

New Antares to go with that poison.

I'd be happy if they updated the Zillion SV...

14 hours ago, rocketsurgeon said:

New Antares to go with that poison. Also new Certate if it's USDM ready.

I look at that Antares and think.... Why.  It's heavier for no reason other than thicker metal than needed side plates and heavy beauty plates.  A magnesium framed reel that size weighing 8 ounces is hilarious.   It's heavier than the previous model lmao 

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I look at that Antares and think.... Why.  It's heavier for no reason other than thicker metal than needed side plates and heavy beauty plates.  A magnesium framed reel that size weighing 8 ounces is hilarious.   It's heavier than the previous model lmao 

I saw that also, I'll go over to TW in a few weeks and put one on the Adrena and see what I think. I don't think the new Calcutta DC will make a showing at the Classic, but that is another one on my radar.

When you see Roberto Martinez Monton at Patrick Sebile booth, say hello for me.  Check the lures there. Some are great for striper.

On 3/13/2019 at 9:15 PM, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Looking forward to reading your reviews. 

Maybe this reel?

Screenshot_20190313-211336_Chrome.jpg

I've used this reel for inshore for last year or two.  Just came back in as a matter of fact from looking for some early season reds/puppydrum.  Great reel.  Even throw 1-2oz stingsilvers with this mounted up on a 12' Century occasionally.    

On 3/14/2019 at 4:18 PM, rocketsurgeon said:

I saw that also, I'll go over to TW in a few weeks and put one on the Adrena and see what I think. I don't think the new Calcutta DC will make a showing at the Classic, but that is another one on my radar.

Love to hear some feedback on how well that new Antares cast.  Personally don't care about weight...they're all as light as hell from my point of view.  And would love to throw that new Calcutta DC, but I thought that was Japan only.  

4 hours ago, jrk said:

I've used this reel for inshore for last year or two.  Just came back in as a matter of fact from looking for some early season reds/puppydrum.  Great reel.  Even throw 1-2oz stingsilvers with this mounted up on a 12' Century occasionally.    

Hey cool thanks, what other rods did you have it on? 

5 hours ago, jrk said:

Love to hear some feedback on how well that new Antares cast.  Personally don't care about weight...they're all as light as hell from my point of view.  And would love to throw that new Calcutta DC, but I thought that was Japan only.  

I feel the same about weight to a certain degree. I think the Calcutta DC will eventually  make it's way here, if not there's plenty of overseas vendors to purchase from.

19 hours ago, jrk said:

Personally don't care about weight...they're all as light as hell from my point of view. 

I think they're going for a certain feel that might not be possible with a thinner frame, but an 8oz 70 sized reel is pretty remarkable lol...

16 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Hey cool thanks, what other rods did you have it on? 

R.R.,

Great reel. I use it on several different setups.  8’ MH St. Croix Avid Saltwater for most of my flats red hunting and if lucky a few Tarpon.  This is mostly wading/kayaking in 1-4 feet of water. Typically throwing 20lb braid as mainline with several feet of flouro leader...spoons, jigs, top water, etc.  I also use it to throw stingsilvers and swimbaits mounted to a Century SS 1265. When run a little dry, this setup’s a cannon!  Spanish are my usual target when throwing this, but anything that wants a ride back to the sand is welcome...pending on time of year.  Ryan White, lives just down the road, is going to build up a new 12’ Cabo Surfcaster Elite (modern 1506-6, graphene, faster, smaller diameter, etc.) and something similar in the 8.5-9.5 length for Inshore and my freshwater frog and senk throwing.  The Coastal, along with possibly this Certate 4000 (pending Scooby’s thoughts), Lexa 300hd or a smaller Stella, will take turns riding on the Cabo Elite.  

I really like the Daiwa low profiles over the similar shimano offerings for this type of throwing as I feel they’re less touchy/offer more control via there mag brake setups in our typical windy situations, and don’t seem to scream when pushed hard on a cast (2oz). I really like there T-wing...feel like it makes a difference. 

More than welcome to throw any of this stuff if ever in my neck of the woods (Buxton, NC).

Hope I didn’t sidetrack Scooby’s thread to much. Look forward to his reports!

2 hours ago, buddha162 said:

I think they're going for a certain feel that might not be possible with a thinner frame, but an 8oz 70 sized reel is pretty remarkable lol...

Yes...good point. I like a little heft myself...but this compared to the stuff I used growing up...all light as heck and phenomenal to use. 

I’ve  heard this little guy can cast...and always curious!