Florida fishing trip?

Rate this topic

Billybob

9 mins ago, makomakoman said:

My bucket goal for FF is a permit 

Over rated imo. I like em all but if I had my choice it would be wading the flats with some cervezas & some bud hunting for bones. 

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

Just now, Brother Brian said:

Over rated imo. I like em all but if I had my choice it would be wading the flats with some cervezas & some bud hunting for bones. 

Bones are fun.  Just want a permit :shrug: 

RIP Innis - April 9th 2012 - you always be in my heart. :)

1 min ago, makomakoman said:

Bones are fun.  Just want a permit :shrug: 

Tougher to get them to eat for sure. I had to go to Belize where they haven't seen as many people or flys :cool:

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

I am going to be in Tampa towards the end of next week. anyone else? will likely bring my travel rod

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

6 mins ago, Brother Brian said:

Tougher to get them to eat for sure. I had to go to Belize where they haven't seen as many people or flys :cool:

I got shut out in Belize.  They spooked too  fast for me. I’m going back soon. 

RIP Innis - April 9th 2012 - you always be in my heart. :)

2 mins ago, TLDig said:

Port Canaveral 

Come on

unfortunately will be on the other side....last time I was over on your end you were in Alaska

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

1 hour ago, Wire For Fire said:

Keys , tarpon .. that is all . Stop going with the flow and nudge alil . Dream trip 

A tarpon is just an overgrown hickery shad that your not allowed to lift out of the water.  :dismay:  

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....

43 mins ago, EricJ said:

I am going to be in Tampa towards the end of next week. anyone else? will likely bring my travel rod

Eric, if you’re traveling with kids take a little trip to Apollo beach. There’s a viewing area at the power plant for manatees. This time of the year they are there at the warm water discharge. 

5 hours ago, Billybob said:

I really don't know, there was some talk of going to the keys and getting a couple 2 man charters for tarpon.

Then it kinda died down.

Then Will asks if I would still be in.

Then he says he'll decide by the end of the week.

It's weird having kids in their 30's.  :laugh:

When in April? 

If targeting tarpon go to Miami. Sailfish in the daytime and fish for tarpon early evening. Booze at night. Repeat :D 

17 mins ago, saltfisherman said:

Eric, if you’re traveling with kids take a little trip to Apollo beach. There’s a viewing area at the power plant for manatees. This time of the year they are there at the warm water discharge. 

I am on business.... I also know Apollo beach. Kind of in the middle of nowhere. I may head over there though because I know a really good guide there and I may just stop over to say hello to her.