HugeDinghy

2019 fishing goals

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, fishhappy said:

Once the ice goes, I’ll give it a whirl.

Practice in the yard, easier to get the hang of it while the net is dry and without the extra water weight. You'll get it! 

7 mins ago, slowroller said:

Practice in the yard, easier to get the hang of it while the net is dry and without the extra water weight. You'll get it! 

I sure hope there is an SOL thread on this.

PB would be nice! Would like to just get out more really. Get more fresh macs in my hands and stock an eel tank in garage all summer. Work jigs and plastic and try to catch with a SP minnow that looks like a chicken.

Get on some 10-20 pound+ stripers (my PB is around 6), keep hunting more walleye, fish a hell of a lot more, and add a lot of species to my list (maybe break the 100 mark, I'm at around 72).

12 hours ago, adams54 said:

Should be interesting I'll let you know if I come across any. I think theyre supposed to be around in the summer doldrums .

When you find a group of them they are real easy to catch.

My 2019 fishing goal is to travel to the fish.  Staying local and hitting it hard didn't work for me last fall.  I didn't see a good body of local fish until November.  This year I'll try fishing the CCC, I'll fish Jersey more and fish Montauk more.

I want to make the NJ thread more like every other state on the site. Yeah, fish are here..go find them. Instead of photos of shorts everyday and accumulating people in certain spots every week. Or maybe I'll just move to RI. :eek:

3 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

sorry. pools full. 

I'll be dipping my toe in up there end of July, early August. I've fished there a couple of times, no joy other than somehow getting a  4' dogfish on a bucktail.