HugeDinghy

2019 fishing goals

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

I’ve already made a chart of certain days April-June when I may wish to fish based upon the favorable tides. I hope this helps get started keeping a record of my results.   It lists the low tide, the time I need to leave home, the time I expect to leave the water.  

It’s posted on the fridge so it’s also a heads-up to the wife so she’ll know when I’ll be out. Can’t speak for y’all but for me this is not a reason for concern. LOL. 

3 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

what are your fishing goals for 2019...new species...new places....new techniques you want to get better at...…personal bests.....?

My goal is to go fishing with Mike Pence. 

13 mins ago, adams54 said:

Id like to catch and cook a triggerfish

you know how good I am with fishing right?!?....anyway, I frequent markets and once I see triggerfish, I'm like 99 cents per pound, I'll take them all!!!! man those fish are good eating. Not sure about the fishing part though. So I'll add, catch triggers this summer.

Break the 35lb mark on an East River striper from shore on the lures I make. Come close a few times and lost some 40's but haven't been able to land em. 

Also sniff out some weakfish. 

8 hours ago, adoboboy said:

you know how good I am with fishing right?!?....anyway, I frequent markets and once I see triggerfish, I'm like 99 cents per pound, I'll take them all!!!! man those fish are good eating. Not sure about the fishing part though. So I'll add, catch triggers this summer.

I went with 4 guys last year that were hoping to catch one. I got two ( first time I caught one), they got skunked. Its like fighting a really big porgie.

My goal is to start jigging for tog and finding a more fun way to catch porgies. I may have found a technique.

9 hours ago, adoboboy said:

Should be interesting I'll let you know if I come across any. I think theyre supposed to be around in the summer doldrums .

I gotta get better at jigging. I'm getting better with heavy shads and Savages but I am clueless with bucktails.

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, adams54 said:

Should be interesting I'll let you know if I come across any. I think theyre supposed to be around in the summer doldrums .

I caught them into November last year on the Long Island south shore. They’re hard to hook, but if you fish long enough with small hooks and squid, you will pull up a few. They’re also all over ocean jetty’s and larger buoys in the late summer.

Edited by C.Robin

Get out 100 days.

Make the right decisions (bay vs ocean, tuna vs fluke, tog vs striper).

Be in before Opening Day, and stay in past New Year's.