I picked up a new rod last night.

DoorGunner

I have two rods I use for both fresh and saltwater fishing. Both are Shimano Calus with one being seven foot and the other at six. Can't tell you anything else because I have stripped them down a few times so the info is no longer on the blank.  

I gave the six footer to my 12 year old granddaughter on Monday because it's a very good rod and also because I want that seven foot arc when I'm casting from land for crappie to carp. Last night I picked up a new seven footer and hopefully this weekend I will take it out to play with the pickerel.

I'm not loyal to any brand name and don't even look at price until I have one in my hand that just feels right. My choice last night was an Abu Garcia Vengeance VENGS70-5. The blank is silver which I wasn't crazy about and was why I picked up that one last but it felt real good for what I use it for. I will probably strip it down next winter and change it to black anyway but my question is have any of you guys ever used this rod and what do you thing of it? I know it's a bit strong for freshwater but very very soon it will be doing business with flounder, blues and stripers. Thanks.  

I have an older Abu Vendetta that is a work horse for the big Blues, Striper and Puppy Drum.  6-6 MH, I only use it in the salt.

Couple of Veritas rods.  Had a favorite 6-6 MH that a big Bluefish, while screaming drag, cut through the top guide.  Had the eye replaced, but it just isn't the same.  A 7ft M is really nice, but in the Yak, I like the 6-6.

Haven't tried the Vengeance, but as its an Abu, sure it will be fine. 

I've got an older 7' mh vengeance spinning rod (the black and gray swirl finish). It's not my favorite rod, but I like it okay. When I am pulling out rods to go fishing it usually stays home.

The main thing is that you like using it. My opinion on how you want to fish means jack-squat. I do agree with you about the silver.