NewEngBoy011

Waterproof case w/ neck lanyard options?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Looking for a durable option to wear my phone with neck lanyard while wetsuit fishing, not for heavy surf just night wetsuiting perched on rocks, anyone find one that holds up well to salt water? Looking for a case and lanyard....phone is already solid water resistant just want double protection but specifically want to wear it on neck, thanks!!!

Edited by NewEngBoy011

15 mins ago, IcedFlounder said:

I use lifeproof cases and just put it on the inside of my wetsuit in the chest area. Its a little uncomfortable but i know its not going anywhere. 

Not sure why I haven’t tried that, sounds easy and efficient 

There is a massive variety of waterproof pouches with lanyards on amazon. I have yet to have one fail, but like anything else that's used in saltwater, I make sure to rinse them off with freshwater. I bought one for $6 a few years ago, it has held up fine with no water intrusion. Just make sure to test before first use, and to test periodically afterwards.

I have had multiple lifeproof cases fail...gave up on them. Especially with the newer smartphones being pretty water resistant, I'd rather just use the pouch. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

If you get a case/lanyard, make sure it is for the phone you have.  I had one that worked with my iPhone 6 ( think) and then upgraded to the 8+.   The touch screen is completely different and it did ot work with the older case. 

Edited by bravo139