chris koltz

Soccer love it or hate it

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

youd think a  hockey coach would want you playing lacrosse versus getting offseason estrogen treatments. 

No lax at my HS.

My father was on the parent sports committee and tried to start a program, but not enough kids (graduated with 70 in my class).

Me neither. Was getting big when I was in HS but we didn’t have it. Man does it look fun, and a great option over baseball. 

6 mins ago, Jmat321 said:

The fans are more interesting than the game

In 1985 I was doing work for the Scottish government and they took us to a Celtic-Rangers (Catholic/Protestant) game. Nothing we'd ever seen came close to what we saw there, people whipping bottles (people in front wore helmets), truly elegant cursing. The Govt got us out 10 minutes before it ended because they said there was going to be a riot. Maybe Red Sox/Yankees with free shots of Jack Daniels starting 2 hours before the game would be similar... Can't watch it on tv though...

1 hour ago, HugeDinghy said:

for third world inhabitants and girlie men who have no real options as far as a good sport. 

you definitely don't see any 300lb roided up lardasses who can't run more than 30 feet without needing O2 on the sidelines, that's for sure...

i love good soccer, which means either world cup or Premiere League...MLS is still the ugly stepchild, although the Euro retreads they're bringing in are starting to improve the product...

Americans are conditioned to only like sports with a lot of scoring, and to only like sports that we're the best in the world at...that's why hockey is still #4 of the 4 major NA sports (football - baseball - basketball - hockey), because Canada still rules the roost...

good soccer is entertaining to watch, except when the stars start flopping around like they've been shot...then it sucks, and that makes it easy for non-fans to dismiss it...

2 hours ago, jettyjockey18 said:

you definitely don't see any 300lb roided up lardasses who can't run more than 30 feet without needing O2 on the sidelines, that's for sure...

no you see little girlie men standing around for 60% of the game. 

only sport in history that is more entertaining when played by actual women, not just ones that identify as such. 

Played football in HS much easier than playing soccer . Guys were dumb as a rock and out of shape. They were lucky they rested durning change of  the ball . 

6 hours ago, jettyjockey18 said:

i love good soccer, which means either world cup or Premiere League...MLS is still the ugly stepchild, although the Euro retreads they're bringing in are starting to improve the product...

Americans are conditioned to only like sports with a lot of scoring, and to only like sports that we're the best in the world at...that's why hockey is still #4 of the 4 major NA sports (football - baseball - basketball - hockey), because Canada still rules the roost...

good soccer is entertaining to watch, except when the stars start flopping around like they've been shot...then it sucks, and that makes it easy for non-fans to dismiss it...

Good soccer is cool. My son is playing HS and club. His club games are a higher level than most MLS teams. We always see Bayern, Real and Man U when the do their summer pre season tours here. They’re a totally new level.

6 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

no you see little girlie men standing around for 60% of the game. 

only sport in history that is more entertaining when played by actual women, not just ones that identify as such. 

typical midfielder runs 5 miles during a 90 minute game... not much time to stand around...