chris koltz

Soccer love it or hate it

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

Soccer do you love it or hate it? I fake it when the World Cup is going on because a few buds really like it and it's a great daytime drinking excuse. Try to watch now and then but typically change channel and say I can't believe that many people in the world love it because I think it's sucks. I know love it folks I just don't get it. So I must stand with the hate it crowd. 

Excellent sport to play.

Horrible sport to watch.

Global sport for the rest of the world.

We have many more way better year round choices to watch.

And if it was not bad enough to watch the World Cup those damn freekin noise makers make it totally intolerable.

gave world cup an honest effort....too much flopping, too much all around bitch stuff,  and too much standing around. 

its a sport for inferiors. 

Just now, HugeDinghy said:

gave world cup an honest effort....too much flopping, too much all around bitch stuff,  and too much standing around. 

its a sport for inferiors. 

:laugh:

HATE it. A buddy of mine had a restaurant on the Wildwood Boardwalk and in I guess it was June a few years ago stopped in the shop. He was heading home to watch a big match maybe even the world cup. Another friend was also at the dock ready to leave for a few hours of back bay floundering and asked Harry to go with him. Harry didn't want to but he loved fishing and I said go ahead and fish for a few hours, you won't miss anything. Sure enough they returned two hours later and it was still 0 - 0  

Can be fun to play.  Good exercise.  Definitely fun for little kids that aren't skilled enough yet to catch a football or hit a baseball.

But I'd rather watch nothing.  Playing Chess is more exciting than soccer.

Hell, watching others play chess is more exciting than watching soccer.

Hate it. But I'm trying...my godson plays for Princeton U. I got the espn+ app so I watch as many as I can. Going to try to go to more games next season. Other than his games, I haven't been successful watching soccer at all.

Our hockey coach loved us playing soccer because fitness-wise it was second to none, without the injury rate of football. 

I promptly blew my ACL playing soccer. 

My son loves it, especially the Premier League and Chelsea.  I find it boring but I will give them this.  When you watch good soccer on TV (as I do when my son is visiting) you don't see any breaks in play or advertising.  Whereas watching the NFL on TV is one freaking long commercial.  Seems they now advertise between every freaking play.

I've been watching the girls teams in the Olympics for good while.  It's just the opposite of the boys, they act tough and don't want to act hurt.  It's a girls game !