golden

The 'CHU 2019

Rate this topic

176 posts in this topic

Actually it's a little different here in Worcester.   It will be freezing tonight & probably the 3 nights leading up to the decision.  

So I may have to fish for some stocked trout instead?   I need the warm-up anyway, lol.

I think it'll be a close call. But if they are making the decision as soon as April 3, they may have to push it out. Hope not.

Not encouraging, you should be able to easily walk that entire shoreline, well in front of the brush that is actually IN the water.   I may just become a causeway fisherman, & make believe I'm at the canal (@ ultra high + tide).

13 mins ago, Somethingsfishy said:

Wonder if we'll see some guys bending the rules by walking in the water with waders.

I've seen it more than once, either waders or knee high rubber boots. There's always a certain selfish few who don't care about regulations or repercussions or ruining things for others.

A couple of years ago I was fishing when a guy came walking along the shoreline with his dog. The dog was running in and out of the water. The guy walked by me so I told him dogs aren't allowed on the trails or in the water. He said he didn't care. 

I have never seen a fisherman wading in the main resy waters, but waders could be a dead giveaway to rangers.  lol

But yes, some people fishing the rivers might keep their hip boots on & fish the resy later too.

The only people I have ever seen blatantly in the water were local kids swimming....& that was maybe 20yrs ago.

(& some of the girls had nice bikinis on)   :)

Last year I was over near Scar Hill walking back to my truck and turned the corner to see this guy and girl up to their waists in the water fishing.  I nicely told them that if the ranger saw them they'd probably be getting a ticket, they told me in a not so nice way that I was wrong and where I could go.  Don't know what some people are thinking, what are you going to say when they catch you "No, I wasn't in the water"  but your soaked from the waist down how'd that happen.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Finally got license today at the fish and wildlife said they are actively going to enforce the 5:19 start time this year. Funny reading comments here last week couple guys in waders were already fishing the res. The place gets poached year round people just can't help themselves.  

Edited by sandbars

2 hours ago, sandbars said:

Finally got license today at the fish and wildlife said they are actively going to enforce the 5:19 start time this year. Funny reading comments here last week couple guys in waders were already fishing the res. The place gets poached year round people just can't help themselves.  

Sadly this is true. :beatin:

Posted (edited) · Report post

It's hard to 'poach'....when they want you to throw lakers in the bushes (if your not keeping them).

Edited by bb1

So 5:19am is an hour before sunrise, correct? I always thought it was 30mins before sunrise when you were allowed to enter.