wtfooptimax200

St Croix Mojo Tip Swap

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

After hearing about the potential to swap Mojo tips effectively having a lighter and heavy rod for not much extra money I decided to email St Croix to get the skinny on this.  Here's what I received.  I wonder if it this is just the "official stance".  Which current rods have people successfully made the tip swap with?  I'm looking at the 10'-6" with 2-6 oz rating for Canal use, but the lighter 3/4-4oz tip would be handy for most of my other fishing which utilizes lighter lures.

Thanks for any info.

Capturemojo.JPG

I have the 9' Mojo surf with both top sections - both fit like a glove - no problems.  I purchased the second top section directly from St. Croix online - not sure if that is possible any more on their website.

I believe you have to call them now with a serial number to get a new tip section for $35. Used to be you could just order it on the website. I'm guessing it's going to be hard to get the non-spec tip section for your Mojo..  

It definitely works,  I have all three top sections of the 10'6 series.  

When you call them just say your not near the rod but you are positive of the model you have. They won't give you a problem,  $35 shipped  you can't go wrong 

I do it routinely with the 10.5, and am going to buy the other half for my 9 this year.  Works great.  Don't listen to them.

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, coldclam said:

It definitely works,  I have all three top sections of the 10'6 series.  

When you call them just say your not near the rod but you are positive of the model you have. They won't give you a problem,  $35 shipped  you can't go wrong 

Say what?!?!?! There are three tips for the 10'6" rods?  What's the other one rated?  I was only aware of the 3/4-4 and 2-6.  Now I'm excited lol.

Edited by wtfooptimax200
Edited for content

26 mins ago, wtfooptimax200 said:

Say what?!?!?! There are three tips for the 10'6" rods?  What's the other one rated?  I was only aware of the 3/4-4 and 2-6.  Now I'm excited lol.

The 3rd is a casting setup rated 2-6 I believe,  I'll check in the morning to verify.