TBYRD

3 Waters Bigfish series kayaks

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,  I'm going to get the Bigfish 105 soon and was hoping to hear from some owners on your "pros and cons". Thanks!

Big fish 105.png

I realize it’s short and fat....Speed is not something I’m worried about in a fishing yak.  Thanks

36 mins ago, TBYRD said:

I realize it’s short and fat....Speed is not something I’m worried about in a fishing yak.  Thanks

But if you can achieve the same fishing in a lighter kayak with less volume?  Why not do it? 

35 mins ago, TBYRD said:

Cool, just making sure you realize it's unsuitable for most salt. Boat speed matters when you're fighting wind, waves and currents if you want to get anywhere at all, never mind getting there fast.

Kayaks are like wives and or girl friends. There is one out there for everyone. Not everyone is looking for  the same thing. Best to try before you buy. Weight really only becomes a factor as you age . A young man can handle just about any weight. .  As far as speed goes or ease of movement from one location to another this could be an important factor. The fish are not always near your launch site. Sometimes you have to travel a bit. If bad weather moves in you may need to travel quickly. Good luck with your decision and be safe.