jkrock

For many children, school lunch is the only meal they eat all day

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, mitchell master said:

They should ladle out oatmeal morning noon and night.

This, 

Then revoke the ebt cards, deliver oatmeal and powdered milk to their house...

I have zero issue feeding kids who need food. actually the opposite, I want "us" to do it.  I have no problem feeding kids who need food good and healthy food. I do have an issue with a school system adding a 20% administration fee on the funding allocated for said food, and definitely have an issue with a parent(s) getting money and resources for something they don't do (% of meals referenced earlier). 

In a society that is supposed to be advanced, the fact that we have to bastardize learning institutions and make them surrogate families means our parents are really failing the next generation. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

the ones we are talking about aren't really parents. they are just people who have given birth. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

27 mins ago, saltydawg said:

In a society that is supposed to be advanced, the fact that we have to bastardize learning institutions and make them surrogate families means our parents are really failing the next generation. 

Pretty sure the destruction of the family has been high on the list of Leftist of "to do's"  for many years... we reap what we sow 

6 hours ago, redfishkiller said:

This, 

Then revoke the ebt cards, deliver oatmeal and powdered milk to their house...

I eat oatmeal every morning.  A months worth of breakfasts for $3.

On 3/12/2019 at 2:06 PM, ne_dan said:

The same parents that don't feed their kids, are the ones smoking cigs, drinking DD and wearing pajama pants when they wake up hungover at 1pm.  But the school lunches get tossed out have the time, the kids take the what junk food there is and throw the vegetables and anything they don't want out.     

My wife had a 5th girl in her class that was always out, she told my wife that her mom made her stay home to take care of the other kids.  When the cops and social worker went to investigate she wasn't lying, the mom was sleeping one off while pregnant, the 5th grader was taking care of 3 other kids from 1-6 years old.  

Perfect case for sterilization.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, pakalolo said:

aren't these s hitbags getting food stamps and WIC to feed their spawn??

There is a food stamp black market,I suspect there are scams with EBT as well.

Edited by Jetty Jumper

8 hours ago, redfishkiller said:

99% of the poor people that whip out their EBT card as they waddle up to the checkout are giant fat asses

I had a humongous woman in front of me at a gas station....newest iPhone, long fake nails, paying with an EBT card.  The welfare abuse is sickening. 

7 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

I have zero issue feeding kids who need food. actually the opposite, I want "us" to do it.  I have no problem feeding kids who need food good and healthy food. I do have an issue with a school system adding a 20% administration fee on the funding allocated for said food, and definitely have an issue with a parent(s) getting money and resources for something they don't do (% of meals referenced earlier). 

Nobody in this country should go hungry, especially children.  Unfortunately these parents either don't possess the skills or the desire to properly feed their own kids.  Do the schools even think about what home life is for these kids, because that's where the real problem lies.  Handing out free cafeteria food isn't fixing things and probably just helps to enable it.  Schools likely make out on this finacially so they aren't about to rock the boat.