dynasty

Start of the fishing season

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

When does everybody plan on going out to wet some lines?

I'm hoping another 2-3 weeks I'll try for some holdovers just to get on the water. Once dandelions are out in April I'll be out at my spots for tog

I usually start for Stripers around May 1st and get serious in late May.

As soon as the local ponds in my area get stocked with trout I will take my 5yr old out just to wet a line and get outside.

i'm on the same boat fishing with the same captain this year.We start out doing haddock charters on may first.May,june are mostly haddock trips but as the season goes on we move deeper and deeper also catching red fish,pollock,cusk,hake,whiting,etc..We then start around july putting all the lobster traps out .The charters end in august for the most part for us.We concentrate on tuna until  the lobstering gets good.We then juggle the two until the tuna season ends.We finish up lobstering in december.I don't have time for any striper fishing these days but some day i will be back at it.

16 hours ago, dynasty said:

When does everybody plan on going out to wet some lines?

I'm hoping to try for 'bows and browns this weekend if water near me has finally iced out.

I fish Quabbin and Wachusett pretty hard in April - early May. I might try for holdovers during that period but I usually don't try for stripers until smallies are on their spawning beds.

I was planning on trying for early trout beginning this week. But I'm entering week 2 with the flu. Haven't been out in 9 days. 

hotfishgirl

• 1,000 Post Club!
  •  
  • BST Users
  •  
  • 4,856 posts

i'm on the same boat fishing with the same captain this year.We start out doing haddock charters on may first.May,june are mostly haddock trips but as the season goes on we move deeper and deeper also catching red fish,pollock,cusk,hake,whiting,etc..We then start around july putting all the lobster traps out .The charters end in august for the most part for us.We concentrate on tuna until  the lobstering gets good.We then juggle the two until the tuna season ends.We finish up lobstering in december.I don't have time for any striper fishing these days but some day i will be back at it.

This is unrelated to the thread, but I was was wondering about "Santa" who was a Powder Point Bridge legend. Last thread on PPB last fall, you had noted that he was having health issues, and not able to get out. You had mentioned that you were bringing him fish while he was laid up. If this is none of my business, please say so, but if you have an update on how he is doing, I would appreciate it.

OK- I am messing up basic copy and paste again-sorry for my being a tech dummy.

My post ran right into the post I copied.

This is unrelated to the thread, but I was was wondering about "Santa" who was a Powder Point Bridge legend. Last thread on PPB last fall, you had noted that he was having health issues, and not able to get out. You had mentioned that you were bringing him fish while he was laid up. If this is none of my business, please say so, but if you have an update on how he is doing, I would appreciate it.

1 hour ago, bumknee said:

hotfishgirl

• 1,000 Post Club!
  •  
  • BST Users
  •  
  • 4,856 posts

Santa is a tough guy,He has had knee surgery and back surgeries and has recovered remarkably well.He might be all done standing on the bridge for hours day after day but he is 86 years old.I will continue to visit him and drop off some haddock and lobsters.

20 hours ago, hotfishgirl said:

My wife and I are looking for a haddock trip could kindly pm me with the info ?

14 hours ago, hotfishgirl said:

Santa is a tough guy,He has had knee surgery and back surgeries and has recovered remarkably well.He might be all done standing on the bridge for hours day after day but he is 86 years old.I will continue to visit him and drop off some haddock and lobsters.

Now thats cool :th:. I hope im still above ground at that age, let alone fishing. WTG santa !