fishfinder401

woven cord handle

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

So i have enjoyed making rods with tuna cord wrapped handles, but i want to do something more, so i was wondering if people knew of different kinds of weaves that can be done for rod handles that aren't too ridiculously complex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want a book, Creative Ropecraft by Stuart Grainger. There are many, many different ways, of many different levels of complexity, that you can do this. It's a pretty cool rodbuilding tangent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A basket weave is a hell of a lot of work, but looks really, really cool. Especially if you do it with different-colored kinds of cord.

850570_346fb23f283e7e92fd8b214081ab8c88.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Belmo said:

If you want a book, Creative Ropecraft by Stuart Grainger. There are many, many different ways, of many different levels of complexity, that you can do this. It's a pretty cool rodbuilding tangent.

Oh I'll check that book out!

 

1 hour ago, Belmo said:

A basket weave is a hell of a lot of work, but looks really, really cool. Especially if you do it with different-colored kinds of cord.

850570_346fb23f283e7e92fd8b214081ab8c88.jpg

Wow that looks like it could be just the right level of complexity, I may have to give it a shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fishfinder401 said:

Oh I'll check that book out!

 

Wow that looks like it could be just the right level of complexity, I may have to give it a shot

There's a thread here from a few years ago where someone described how to do it. If you search, you may be able to find it. It's a neat project if you have time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 mins ago, Belmo said:

There's a thread here from a few years ago where someone described how to do it. If you search, you may be able to find it. It's a neat project if you have time.

I'll definitly see if I can find it... the note examples of those handles I see the more I want to try one... must give an amazing grip too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I tried a basket weave and I think I have a handle on it now, also tried another way of winding it on that could be interesting. Ignore the cat sleeping in my lap

20190312_231237.jpg.be6145d97e8052ce8b7f76abebeeb65a.jpg20190312_231217.jpg.4b26ba65c60463f8d3cbde3e9a37613b.jpg20190312_231232.jpg.347355cd455cea87a840f80cede8deda.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.