fishfinder401

woven cord handle

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

So i have enjoyed making rods with tuna cord wrapped handles, but i want to do something more, so i was wondering if people knew of different kinds of weaves that can be done for rod handles that aren't too ridiculously complex

If you want a book, Creative Ropecraft by Stuart Grainger. There are many, many different ways, of many different levels of complexity, that you can do this. It's a pretty cool rodbuilding tangent.

A basket weave is a hell of a lot of work, but looks really, really cool. Especially if you do it with different-colored kinds of cord.

850570_346fb23f283e7e92fd8b214081ab8c88.jpg

1 hour ago, Belmo said:

If you want a book, Creative Ropecraft by Stuart Grainger. There are many, many different ways, of many different levels of complexity, that you can do this. It's a pretty cool rodbuilding tangent.

Oh I'll check that book out!

1 hour ago, Belmo said:

A basket weave is a hell of a lot of work, but looks really, really cool. Especially if you do it with different-colored kinds of cord.

850570_346fb23f283e7e92fd8b214081ab8c88.jpg

Wow that looks like it could be just the right level of complexity, I may have to give it a shot

5 hours ago, fishfinder401 said:

Oh I'll check that book out!

Wow that looks like it could be just the right level of complexity, I may have to give it a shot

There's a thread here from a few years ago where someone described how to do it. If you search, you may be able to find it. It's a neat project if you have time.

30 mins ago, Belmo said:

There's a thread here from a few years ago where someone described how to do it. If you search, you may be able to find it. It's a neat project if you have time.

I'll definitly see if I can find it... the note examples of those handles I see the more I want to try one... must give an amazing grip too

Well I tried a basket weave and I think I have a handle on it now, also tried another way of winding it on that could be interesting. Ignore the cat sleeping in my lap

20190312_231237.jpg.be6145d97e8052ce8b7f76abebeeb65a.jpg20190312_231217.jpg.4b26ba65c60463f8d3cbde3e9a37613b.jpg20190312_231232.jpg.347355cd455cea87a840f80cede8deda.jpg