Livefreeordie

Are you seeing any...

Rate this topic

103 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

St. Croix Legend Xtreme Inshore MH. Got a very good deal from a friend of mine, love the blank but not crazy about the reel seat.

Edited by nateD

2 hours ago, nateD said:

6 more last night, biggest 24 inches, seems to be picking up still despite the weather staying chilly.

About the same as my results Saturday night. Six fish. Largest 26”.  They liked white Albie Snax best. 

Not me, I've been inside, some are racers and some are fat can't really tell if they are holdovers or not.

On 5/7/2019 at 3:30 AM, Viceversa10 said:

Herring are definately around, but have yet to see any bunker. Anyone seen any?

Not exactly in CT, but I've seen them just over the border in RI.

Fishing has slowed for me for some reason, where I was getting decent schoolies they have turned in to micros or nothing at all. Got 2 last evening around 20" with a bunch of swirls, they were not very aggressive.

Scratch that, found them again, up to 27 inches. Fishing much closer to out front this time. Anyone else fishing in CT? Season seems to be setting up pretty well hopefully the fluke show up soon too.

I went out front close to the mouth of a river last weekend for a few hours in the kayak. Only had a few marks fishing in 8'-14' of water. Mostly trolled because I really wasn't marking anything. Water temp was right around 51*. Think I got one hit on a soft plastic trolled near the bottom, but dropped it immediately. My next trip will likely be back in the river.

Nate and Craiger......similar and different. Last night, I was sure I would find 'em upriver, and I skunked for a solid 3.25 hrs and covered about 3/4 mile in my wading of river structures. Why did I choose this spot? Well, for one I was wrong, and should have gone to the better river mouth. I wanted to drive 15 minutes and walk 5 instead of drive 35 and walk 15. Also...out front, I did get a weakfish and a schoolie last Friday, but it took me 3.5hrs to get only those fish (actually, I got those 45 minutes in, and was convinced if I just slung lures I would eventually catch more). The damn fish keep moving! Somehow, a schoolie and weakie were a defeat in my mind.

I go thru this all the time: I get frustrated and go kayaking for LMB instead. It's so much fun, but invariably, I start thinking I'm missing out on those big stripers. Then, when I find the stripers, that's more fun than the fresh water kayak fishing. I need to see a psychiatrist because if I spent half as much time studying academics, I'd be a PhD

Same here. I haven't been out much the past month or so bc the freshwater bass fishing has picked up for me. I find it hard to stay committed to both, especially now that the stripers have left their wintering spots and are harder to find. I'm still a beginning in the striper fishing game and just need to put the time in.

Haha I feel ya, I went back to LMB last weekend too, but I’m pretty committed to stripers now i think. I’ve had 2 pretty good consistent nights with 10+ fish throwing the bucktail around.

Been catching  bass from 20-30" from all tides, might just be in a good spot? But with this rain tonight and sunday/monday i fear it will slow/push them out from where i fish. Really just waiting for bunk so i can get to chunking for bass and blues. 

1 hour ago, Viceversa10 said:

Been catching  bass from 20-30" from all tides, might just be in a good spot? But with this rain tonight and sunday/monday i fear it will slow/push them out from where i fish. Really just waiting for bunk so i can get to chunking for bass and blues. 

From shore, boat, kayak? What depths have you been targeting?