Livefreeordie

Are you seeing any...

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Are you seeing any striped bass-related movement, yet? I ain't, not in my local, anyhow. I did see the bald eagle is back, but not hunting fish. No ospreys, yet. Have any of you seen the cormorants that signal herring? Have any of you seen anything that might indicate the movement of bass or their forage? From my limited perspective (1x out for 3hrs) they were still in their winter hideout, not very active, but could be enticed to bite if I put a tiny zoom fluke in their face....not hunting behavior...winter behavior, but I suspect they'll be 'active' soon

I guess the bass will be here soon as the Black Hawk is reporting “tons of seals” on their  seal watching trips to New London. Based on the pictures, they all have their mouths wide open just waiting for the spring run. 

1 hour ago, Paul E said:

I guess the bass will be here soon as the Black Hawk is reporting “tons of seals” on their  seal watching trips to New London. Based on the pictures, they all have their mouths wide open just waiting for the spring run. 

That's good news, for sure, but I always worry about what may be chasing those seals!