Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drmevo

Hobie/Revo 13 upgrades and must-haves

18 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, drmevo said:

That looks interesting - does it work well for macs as well? Pogie/bunker are far from a sure thing around here, although there were a bunch last year.

I think they would work fine for Mac's. You just want to make sure that your bait is all facing forward.

3 hours ago, cheech said:

For a sketchy launch or landing my rods would be flat on the deck. It’s a Hobie brand extender with a plastic tube piggybacked on to it. The Hobie’s through key holes allowed for making up the ‘just long enough’ SS fasteners and locknuts. 

14B793D7-527A-4B8A-B7F4-4BD45C6A3EA5.jpeg

What is the attached plastic tube for? Is that another rod holder?

51 mins ago, cityfisherman said:

I second this. Don't get a livewell. It's a waste of space. DA BAG works great.

Cool, I will probably try it. It's certainly short money and I don't do a ton of live bait fishing anyways. I've just found with other mesh bags that they create tons of drag if I'm taking the bait somewhere far away from where I caught it. But I think I was using a laundry bag with a solid cloth bottom so that was probably creating most of the drag.

2 hours ago, cityfisherman said:

I think they would work fine for Mac's. You just want to make sure that your bait is all facing forward.

I'd think that it may not work as well with macs. They seem to be more fragile than pogies. I've kept pogies alive on a stringer for many hours - they are hardy. Macs may need a little more protection from bouncing around and getting squashed. PVC tube with holes works well for macs, so still no strong reason to get the bait well (cost, weight, takes space, dealing w/ another battery, etc.)