joefishnj21

Salt guys and freshwater outings.

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Never had much luck freshwater fishing in New Jersey. Especially where I live in south jersey, like pine lands area. Couple bass here and there but nothing over 3lbs. When I lived up north I did real well sneaking under the fence and fishing booton reservoir. I grew up in Arizona where it was always warm and bass were active all year long.  Now I live to close to productive salt water areas. Even with the decline in saltwater species I still have a significant amount more success in salt vs fresh. Not saying I don’t enjoy it just can’t find a decent spot in my neck of the woods

I fish freshwater almost as hard as saltwater. My targets are a lot different than the rest of the guys posting here though. For me it’s all smallmouth, pike, walleye, trout, and salmon. I’ve caught way too many largemouth in my life, nothing exciting about them to me. I target crappie a few times a year, but that’s pretty much strictly fishing for food. The best part next to the lack of company, is that I rarely catch a skunk in freshwater

On 3/11/2019 at 10:18 AM, crazybellringer said:

I did some FW fishing last year but i am really going to mix it up this year.  I want to catch sunnies on the fly and bass on senkos

Smallies on the fly.

They both have their place. I had left freshwater alone for a few years while trying to learn the salt. But honestly...FW is a great filler for daytime June thru August, or other times when nothing is going in the salt.