metaliczombi

Banana's in the boat

10 posts in this topic

I saw a video once where the captain would keep a banana tied to the t top. If the fishing sucked, he’d throw it overboard to eliminate that excuse. Funny enough, the bite turned on after ditching the banana

1 hour ago, SeaZen 21 said:

I saw a video once where the captain would keep a banana tied to the t top. If the fishing sucked, he’d throw it overboard to eliminate that excuse. Funny enough, the bite turned on after ditching the banana

I should do that with some of my fishing partners!!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

So that was crazy walleye action. They're cool fish & quite good eating.

What was the point of all the bananas? Just to be silly & or disprove the superstision?

Never enough room in a boat and they seemed to be in the way.

JD

Edited by jjdbike

bananas on board to prove they could slay 'em even with bad luck token? silly as hell, maybe one bunch to prove point but man some tasty fish there

First time I went Red fishing at Mount Pleasant SC the boat captain was quite serious about no bananas on his boat.  First time I ever heard that.  Now, several hours north where I live (coastal NC) I’ve never heard that superstition from a local, only from folks who moved here from other areas and brought the superstition with them.  OH

Edited by Old Hunter

The offshore guys I go with are hardcore believers in this superstition and have "stories" to back it up.  One of my freshwater buddies eats a banana every morning, sometimes when we are hiking to the spot and we have not had any issues.

-Andrew

Did a 6 pack open boat Charter  (3 of us) out of Fort Myers Beach a few years back for Red Grouper. We had 3 black men on board that  didn't know about the banana thing and we didn't know they had bananas on board till they took them out on the way back, we all just looked at each other and laughed. We had a 24 fish limit in 2 1/2 hours. :)  So much for the bananas. ;)

image_jpg1_zpskdoqvokg.jpg

Edited by Captain Lew