Beach Erosion

Rate this topic

Misled

52 mins ago, FunkyBunker said:

At least it will be the fall this time. Instead of the first 6 weeks of the spring season. Fall fishing can't get any worse. 

Yeah great point... couple Nor Easters and it will all change by the time they are done the project. there.  Hopefully it isn't as bad as it was last time.

I'm assuming all the pumping and storms removing what they pumped all negatively affects the fishing due to moving sands flattening out the bottoms and eliminating whatever structure was normally there no?

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:46 AM, Misled said:

I'm assuming all the pumping and storms removing what they pumped all negatively affects the fishing due to moving sands flattening out the bottoms and eliminating whatever structure was normally there no?

Misled,

There is a video on YouTube and I think at one time was posted here on SOL.  Google the title Ocean Rich Fish Poor. You will be amazed. I don't think the ACOE ever viewed it or if they did, they just don't give a chit.

If that is not the correct title, maybe someone here can correct me. Sudsy??????????

On 3/15/2019 at 10:46 AM, Misled said:

Just found the correct title.

Beach Rich Fish Poor on Youtube

1 hour ago, CharlieK said:

Just found the correct title.

Beach Rich Fish Poor on Youtube

THOSE SONS OF B****ES!   Wow, Charlie, having a visual of what's happening certainly makes an impression and puts things into perspective.

thanks 

On 3/10/2019 at 5:03 PM, Misled said:

you guys are correct Brigantine, but the south end.  I didn't want to mention it originally as I didn't know for sure if it was spot burning and didn't want to be the guy that gets the ire for it.  

Discussing beach erosion on a beach out front is certainly not considered spot burning

If you said I caught x number of fish on said beach out front that would be

Mentioning small secluded spots in the back that not everyone knows about, no matter what the reason, would not be a good thing.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

On 3/16/2019 at 6:59 AM, Harf said:

No recurring money with that solution...

I would love to know how much money is donated to the Pallone campaign and the Democratic party by the companies that keep getting these monster, never-ending, contracts.

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

3 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Discussing beach erosion on a beach out front is certainly not considered spot burning

If you said I caught x number of fish on said beach out front that would be

Mentioning small secluded spots in the back that not everyone knows about, no matter what the reason, would not be a good thing.

thanks for the clarification Sudsy. 

To simplify,, don't say anything that would draw a crowd to a specific spot