Signs of Spring

Rate this topic

Kooky

Woodpeckers hammerin' away in South County now for nearly 2 weeks!  Spring is my least favorite season......we get teased by a 64F day and then don't see the next one for 6 weeks.............

Hey Kooky........I'm retired now but A#1 wonderful wife is now very close to your work-site.

Edited by jayp195
add on......

10 mins ago, jayp195 said:

Woodpeckers hammerin' away in South County now for nearly 2 weeks!  Spring is my least favorite season......we get teased by a 64F day and then don't see the next one for 6 weeks.............

Hey Kooky........I'm retired now but A#1 wonderful wife is now very close to your work-site.

I was over there for a meeting and saw her just yesterday!!!  The woodpeckers have been very active in my area lately.  Coyotees were all fired up last night in my area, not sure if it was spring related or they just cornered a deer and needed some help finishing the job.

^^ I didnt even notice it didnt get censored, I guess anal is acceptable in SOL....

That's nice!  We've been so busy the last couple' days it's "hi sweetheart" and she hasn't been able to tell me she saw you.  And tonight she'll be home after I'm asleep......I guess we'll catch up on the weekend.  I'm so busy during "retirement" that I have no idea how I fit a full-time job into my day for so many years!!  Coyotes are everywhere these days and when I take our dog out at 0330 every morning it's with a handgun in my pocket.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, bdowning said:

First few ospreys should show up in another week or two in RI/CT. 

Here since a few days ago on the Pawcatuck

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:42 AM, H'Islander said:

Bald Eagles have shown up WAY inland already.  My neighbor had one hanging around for a few days - not sure what the attraction that far inland was.  No herring make it anywhere near Scotland.  The Greenville Dam is the closest I think.  Longer days, that warmer angle to the sun, Orioles are singing their calls in the mornings from the big oak in the yard (the driveway being in a perpetual state of mud during the day, frozen deep tire tracks in the morning).  We've got that month of 40 - 45 degree temperature grip to muddle through next month and then things should start to break loose after that.

I was up your way last week going to Cabelas. Saw one on the way up and one on the way back. I didn't think they moved from the coast to inland.  Still have the same ones around the Thames we normally see year round

"Growing old is inevitable growing UP is optional"
"Rock and Roll never Dies it just passes out"

3 hours ago, borntafish said:

Here since a few days ago on the Pawcatuck

I was up your way last week going to Cabelas. Saw one on the way up and one on the way back. I didn't think they moved from the coast to inland.  Still have the same ones around the Thames we normally see year round

In the area of the CT river you'll see them, especially near cabela's as the river AND the garbage dump (MDC) are right there - Eagle eat out of the dump as readily as they fish for herring.  Scotland is just north of the headwaters of the Thames but I've rarely seen eagles this far up....

"When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."

2 Osprey nest on my way to work are still empty.  More and more birds showing up, buds coming out on trees....... We are getting close

^^ I didnt even notice it didnt get censored, I guess anal is acceptable in SOL....

20 hours ago, H'Islander said:

In the area of the CT river you'll see them, especially near cabela's as the river AND the garbage dump (MDC) are right there - Eagle eat out of the dump as readily as they fish for herring.  Scotland is just north of the headwaters of the Thames but I've rarely seen eagles this far up....

Yup I know where Scotland is,,, matter of fact I will be between the two dams this weekend with a rod in hand LOL

"Growing old is inevitable growing UP is optional"
"Rock and Roll never Dies it just passes out"