Kooky

Signs of Spring

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

Starting to get a little stir crazy, but despite the weather i have been seeing signs that spring is coming regardless of the temps and snow.  The daily walks with the dog have gone from silence to birds chirping.  Have seen a large influx of robins,some smaller birds, and hawks.  Even yesterday i saw a blue Heron in a partially frozen pond, which seemed early and odd but i took it as a sign in the right direction.  

I was doing fine... until this past week when the ice on the ponds is building every day.  ;) 

biggest sign of spring is going from 5 days a week at the gym, to 4, then 3, then 2 then none as you actually have options on stuff to do :laugh:

42 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

biggest sign of spring is going from 5 days a week at the gym, to 4, then 3, then 2 then none as you actually have options on stuff to do :laugh:

This is very true!!

On 3/8/2019 at 0:34 PM, HugeDinghy said:

Haha....true story...Gonna try to keep the foam roller thing going through the summer this year

Bald Eagles have shown up WAY inland already.  My neighbor had one hanging around for a few days - not sure what the attraction that far inland was.  No herring make it anywhere near Scotland.  The Greenville Dam is the closest I think.  Longer days, that warmer angle to the sun, Orioles are singing their calls in the mornings from the big oak in the yard (the driveway being in a perpetual state of mud during the day, frozen deep tire tracks in the morning).  We've got that month of 40 - 45 degree temperature grip to muddle through next month and then things should start to break loose after that.