Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jesgord said:

Yes-COMPLETELY different action. Mag darters swim more like minnows with a tight side to side action. Darters, on the other hand, have a much wider zig zag action. A Darter covers much more water (zigging and zagging) than a mag darter (which essentially comes in straight while it wiggles back and forth). Both plugs catch, but they are not at all the same. A mag darter is closer to a bomber or SP minnow than its is a darter. 

Thanks man that’s very true. I like the small smooth action specifically for tarpon. Will try a true darter for snook on the beach maybe, or find out what bites. 

6 mins ago, Chadmckay said:

Thanks man that’s very true. I like the small smooth action specifically for tarpon. Will try a true darter for snook on the beach maybe, or find out what bites. 

Try stopping the retrieve on the Mag Darter and jerk it occasionally.  You'll be amazed at the results.  Works like a jerk bait.  Deadly. 

Always carried 2 oz Beachmaster and Super Strike in my bag. I have had nights where one produced better than the other.

3 oz Beachmaster and little Gibbs have their place too.

I killed on Bob Hahn large darters before I could get BMs but they fall apart too fast.

22 hours ago, coldclam said:

Don't forget the ccw darter, definitely one of my go to plugs in calmer water. 

I just got a 2.5 oz ccw that looks fishy, hoping to throw it soon ... 

On 3/7/2019 at 8:33 PM, Chadmckay said:

Try a TA darter in one of your inlets at night. Cast it out , let it just swing in the current as it wanders back to your side of the inlet.