Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, chitala383 said:

Just like your namesake, I love the superstrike. Mag darters are great too.

I have caught more fish on a black and gold 1oz Mag Darter than any other plug. They are easier to work than darters, too. Love them. I have a wooden Gibbs darter that I use from time to time as well, I think it weighs something like 1.5oz.

if you can't spell it don't use it.

they are called: 

Daahhhttters.  

I like LS9, Super strike (must have yellow),  fat gibs. 

mag darter is a different plug and super good catcher. 

1 hour ago, ATH1089 said:

I have caught more fish on a black and gold 1oz Mag Darter than any other plug. They are easier to work than darters, too. Love them. I have a wooden Gibbs darter that I use from time to time as well, I think it weighs something like 1.5oz.

Mag darter not really a darter 

15 mins ago, hydraman said:

Who cares.  Mag darters are fish catchers.  Love the bone color.

54 mins ago, hydraman said:

You may want to alert the first guy to suggest it. I was just agreeing that it catches a lot of fish.

58 mins ago, hydraman said:

Please explain. I do a fair bit of inlet fishing and in se Florida we don’t have a lot of dudes using super strikes etc. mag darter crushes, are you saying a “true darter” will have a different action? 

I like SuperStrike Darters.  And as for the talk about Mag Darters, it is not a real darter, but who cares?  Its a super great lure that catches a ton of fish...

1 hour ago, Chadmckay said:

Please explain. I do a fair bit of inlet fishing and in se Florida we don’t have a lot of dudes using super strikes etc. mag darter crushes, are you saying a “true darter” will have a different action? 

Yes-COMPLETELY different action. Mag darters swim more like minnows with a tight side to side action. Darters, on the other hand, have a much wider zig zag action. A Darter covers much more water (zigging and zagging) than a mag darter (which essentially comes in straight while it wiggles back and forth). Both plugs catch, but they are not at all the same. A mag darter is closer to a bomber or SP minnow than its is a darter. 

2 hours ago, Spigola said:

Who cares.  Mag darters are fish catchers.  Love the bone color.

2 hours ago, ATH1089 said:

You may want to alert the first guy to suggest it. I was just agreeing that it catches a lot of fish.

2 hours ago, Chadmckay said:

Sure it catches I never said it doesn’t. But I would not use a mag swimmer at the same situation I would use a true darter. The mag will catch some nice fish, but if I’m fishing for big or big bait is in the area I’m not using a mag that’s when I’m reaching for a darter. Super strike, LS9, the wide gibs beachmasters, tattoo all very good darters.