wtfooptimax200

Canal Jig Shape

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

No love for this style head? 

I think bullet, savage style,or even ball all have their place.

You want to talk just heads but for me the head i use is a delivery method for the tail.whether its a ron z or sluggo or paddle tail or a jig with a curly tail.

My go to is a savage style i guess

20180812_122144.jpg

The Upperman is and can be a deadly jig in the canal . It was also designed by a local fishermen years ago by the name of Bill Upperman It has a fast drop rate in fast moving current as well allowing you to float it down, depending on the hair you use to attach it with . Some deer hair has larger open strands that more air is captured inside of that can slow the ditch decent down . So you would need to identify those jig when you are through with them so when you decide you want a slower drop you would change over.  Also you can attach any type of a attraction to the hook for even better results . Who made the one you show?  

6 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

The Upperman is and can be a deadly jig in the canal . It was also designed by a local fishermen years ago by the name of Bill Upperman It has a fast drop rate in fast moving current as well allowing you to float it down, depending on the hair you use to attach it with . Some deer hair has larger open strands that more air is captured inside of that can slow the ditch decent down . So you would need to identify those jig when you are through with them so when you decide you want a slower drop you would change over.  Also you can attach any type of a attraction to the hook for even better results . Who made the one you show?  

Your mold,me poured,powder coated and tied

40 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Your mold,me poured,powder coated and tied

Good color combination Purple works :howdy:

2 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

Good color combination Purple works :howdy:

I wish I could have gotten longer bucktails. That's all that was available at the time. 

I have some longer now but waiting for some tying thread to arrive. 

17 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I wish I could have gotten longer bucktails. That's all that was available at the time. 

I have some longer now but waiting for some tying thread to arrive. 

My purple hair has always been shorter for some reason as well , but that is life in the bucktail tying , unless you pick out some nice white ones and dye them yourself

1 hour ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

There could be you never know

I have seen some strange looking hair doos of late and purple seems the common color , perhaps we can find a way to cut a little off one of these folks

8 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

I have seen some strange looking hair doos of late and purple seems the common color , perhaps we can find a way to cut a little off one of these folks

You cut them and I'll tie them.:laugh:

On 3/7/2019 at 4:52 PM, Angler #1 said:

Of all the heads you show the second one is the over all best for the canal , all the rest will hang up to some degree. On the other hand the rest will work great from the beach or boat , for the reason Bernie pointed out  If you do not allow the jig head to bottom out as with some style heads are designed for then you may well be fine on the application as long as you stay of the bottom . Like when the fish are feeding high in the water colunm that wull be a great fish catcher for that time frame.

"Of all the heads you show the second one is the over all best for the canal":):)

Fishing from the canal the second one should pull better because of the angle of the eye   Even if it doesn’t touch bottom 

I think the others are more for boat fishing  up and down motion?

When fishing the others, I think the head would have a more pull down motion because of the angle it’s being pulled in.

Would be better in surf also to bounce off sandy bottom. Point would dig in.   Maybe a loose knot would help also. Like a Perfection knot. ( would give more freedom to the eye )

On 3/8/2019 at 2:49 PM, shark lobster said:

Yea not many of those longhaired purple deer running around these days

there numbers have reportedly jumped since the legalization of marijuana. 

On 3/11/2019 at 10:32 AM, ccb said:

Fishing from the canal the second one should pull better because of the angle of the eye   Even if it doesn’t touch bottom 

I think the others are more for boat fishing  up and down motion?

When fishing the others, I think the head would have a more pull down motion because of the angle it’s being pulled in.

Would be better in surf also to bounce off sandy bottom. Point would dig in.   Maybe a loose knot would help also. Like a Perfection knot. ( would give more freedom to the eye )

"Fishing from the canal the second one should pull better because of the angle of the eye" so is it better to have the line tie closer to the front of the jighead??