GilV

Anybody making fly tails?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

This year I am going to start tying some articulated flies with tails similar to Chocklett's Game Changer fly. If anyone else is doing this, can you tell the materials you are using to make the tails. Anybody using silicone to make the tails?

Edited by GilV

Game Changer is very time consuming to tie and materials cost quite a lot too. Wooly Worm / Magic Worm flyes are cheap and fast to tie and very lively as well. Out of one worm I have made two flyes.

Esa

T_Man7 looks like he did a good job when he tied a Sedotti Slammer, picture posted in the thread posted below.  I believe the technique used is to tie some materials (e.g. craft fur) to a piece of straight mono, then cover with expoy or something flexible like Liquid Fusion, then put inside a clear plastic bag, flatten it and zap it with a UV light.  Then cut to shape.  

I have never tried this but I believe this is how it's done.  

On 3/9/2019 at 7:28 PM, BromBones said:

T_Man7 looks like he did a good job when he tied a Sedotti Slammer, picture posted in the thread posted below.  I believe the technique used is to tie some materials (e.g. craft fur) to a piece of straight mono, then cover with expoy or something flexible like Liquid Fusion, then put inside a clear plastic bag, flatten it and zap it with a UV light.  Then cut to shape.  

I have never tried this but I believe this is how it's done.  

Yup that’s exactly how I did it but I first saw Ian devlin do this method of making tails